Is there stigma about hearing loss?

Wolfie

59 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I thinks its more of a doctors ritual 

After your 5 -10 minute consultation is up they write a prescription as a means of concluding the session

usually i don't bother taking it to the chemists

That's quite interesting actually. It seems so many people are on antidepressants. Probably counselling would be better for them but there's a 16 week wait. What do they do in the meantime? 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Strange yearnings said:

Quite right. Note that NHS have issued guidance that all GP surgeries must not issue things on prescription such as paracetamol or  any more. They have be purchased by the patient from shops or chemists

That's true. But you also get the big population of older folk who are in some kind of care, or visited by carers who will not give any medication without it being prescribed for fear of being sued. Even a simple dab of cream or a paracetamol for a temperature. 

It starts to look like a complicated web of rules and regs. 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I am the same I get free prescriptions but wouldnt dream of asking for paracetamol even though i probably could due to pain i get sometimes.

But then dont get me started on how much of a drain on the NHS it is by people not being responsible, either in the way they use the NHS or the way they look after themselves.

Yes, and those people will be the loudest when some things are no longer 'free' 

Archived