4-3-3

An interesting (for once, original) article in the DET website today on formations.  Interview with Rowett stating that we should not read too much into formations in the two friendlies so far... that the only reason we played that way was because Thorne was injured.

Rowett did play 4-3-3 towards the end of last season too.  Perhaps the change of formation we all expected is not coming after all.  With Huddz available tonight, perhaps at least on match will be 4-3-3 line up?

DET Article

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Rowett does get a number 10, such as Toral, I can see us playing 4231 more often. 433 is a formation that fits our players well, play style and squad characteristics (such as hunger/desire) will determine how effective we are.

I think we will play multiple formations this season which actually don't differ too much from one another.

Seem to remember us playing 4-3-3 at the back end of last season with Butterfield playing so far advanced he was almost a second striker. If i remember correctly it was pretty turgid, Birmingham away springs to mind where we diabolical yet walked away with the points.

He started off playing 4-2-3-1, we played decent football and scored a few goals, he changed to 4-3-3 and we were awful for the remaining games of the season. 

Archived