Sell Commons? your havin a laugh

Day

If we sold him now theres no guarentee the funds would be made available to replace him, and at the moment we'd struggle to convince League 2 players to join, forget the Beckfords and Championship quality players.

He's the only player for me that provides the creativity in the team, in the second half before they got the 3rd today it sounded like he made a real difference to the team.

£3m wouldn't be enough for me to accept at the moment, We need him 100% on the pitch and at his best, even if it means playing 3 decent games out of 5, for those 3 games he'd be invaluable for us.

You don't sell your best players when your struggling, and at the moment we are *****.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No you don't, you can here the crowd react when he's on the ball, it seemed like he gave the whole team a lift and I could even see that by listening to the radio sat in feckin Grimsby. Players that can do that should be in the team and playing from the start.

Keep Commons sell Clough, get someone in who likes to play attacking football and get the best out of him.

yeah but the reason he didnt train, because he had a baby, thats rubbish, nigels been to nice with him, he gets paid to train and play for this club, loads of other players have come in and played after there missus have had kids

i mean didnt jay mceverly do it a couple of weeks ago?

Fair enough if he didn't think he was ready to play the full 90, but after 20 minutes you could see which way the game was going, we should of got him on then and took him off again on 60-70 minutes if we had to. I can understand being cautious with him having just got back from injury but get him on when we need the team that lift.

The bone idle fat sick note came on and changed us yesterday in the second half, he was the only payer that seemed interested in attacking Ssausagehorpe and getting the ball in the net.

I'd happily pay his wages me sen if I could afford to just to keep him here, if it wasn't for Commons we'd of lost against Millwall, if it wasn't for Commons we'd be 5 games without scoring a goal. Now I know it's a team effort if you can call it that, but this guy wants to score goals and right now we need players like that.

you can't sell the only player that has any creativity about him! I think he is to start tuesday, cup game or not! he is not gonna ever get fully match fit and get some consistency if he doesn't play 90 mins week in week out!

Glick was on 5 Live last night, in between all the usual great fans crap he said, we have a great nucleus in, Bywater, Barker, Leacock, Green, Hulse, Commons, Addison and Davies.

I know it's not a guarentee he won't be sold, although if Glick see's Commons as one of our better players, hopefully we won't see him go on the cheap if he does go.

• 1 year later...

Just looking back to last year. Nobody wanted Commons to go even when he was having a poor season. The first comment that you don't sell your most creative player seems to ring through today. Or at least without a geniune replacement to match his quality.

Archived