GoPro Camera & Subscription

Wondering if anyone here has experience with GoPro cameras and the subscription service they offer?

I am off to Mexico in June so I have picked up a GoPro and I expect to use it a fair bit (snorkeling and the like). Is it worth getting the GoPro subscription service so I can use the phone app to manage the videos via the cloud or not? I wan't to avoid having to take a laptop or anything like that in case I need to mess about with the storage on the device.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you just upload files to dropbox or other cloud storage instead of paying a a subscription?

Will you have WiFi? What is that cost, I assume you won't hook up on your phone data?

I would go and buy 2-3 64gb micro SD cards and swap them when close to full and edit it back in the UK

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I will have wifi access in the hotel at no extra cost so internet access isn't an issue, just looking for a solution to the potential storage issue. I would ideally just dump the data from the device somewhere at the end of the day so dropbox is probably a good shout, why didn't I think of that?!

You where enticed with an optional extra for your new toy, crafty these marketeers, making you briefly think you need it...

Archived