Nigel's first year

Day

This is where I think we need to be realistic, Beckford name keeps cropping up but it's totally unrealistic. He's after a move to a Premiership club, I would say there is only one club inthe Championship he'd consider and thats Newcastle.

As far as I recall we was told a loan was taken out against the parachute payments which Billy boy used to sign Miller, Earnshaw and co.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct, I'm sick of hearing about the parachute payments. Spent!

Spent! and spent by billy. And to add insult, DAvies even said last season when they were struggling and about to play us, that we were a club with the benefit of parachute payments. NO!! you wasted them on ***** players and long big contracts!!

i cant see a prem club going for beckford.

Villa went for Delph, wouldn't say he was anything special at Leeds. Wouldn't be surprised if Bolton went for him, struggling to score goals at the moment, I would of thought Coyle would of been given some cash to spend. Even if Bolton go down he would of had 6 months in the Prem to show what he can do.

Yup, they get alot of attention for playing well, the big clubs sign em up on stupid money and stick em in the reserves and sell em off 3 years down the line for peanuts. Didn't Delph go for around £4m?

yep, or lambert, i wouldnt know which one but i think either of them would be better than beckford, lambert has scored more than beckford in league 1 so far, we could do a trade with southampton or norwich, get rid of hulse for lamber/holt, im better than clough at signing players i would be

Archived