Nigel's first year

Day

You must be joking, to be fair they we have players to fill in for each of those you just stated. Moose could easily step in for McKenna, we have 5 decent strikers to choose if we lost Blackstock and Smith in for Camp. One of the best squads for depth in the division. Really looking forward to testing ourselves against the Baggies tommorrow. Although it looks like i will still be stuck in the middle east waiting for flights! :S

Is the weather that bad? Pisses me off that the country just grinds to a halt

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go be a proper woman and bake a cake or summart Vicky.

Red Dog, without turning this into a Forest thread as I'm sure nobody on here is really that interested in your West Brom game tomorrow, just the result. Now I've got my dingle dangle dongle working I can say a little more than what I could be arsed to on my phone in this thread.

Any club including Forest will struggle if they lose 3 key players, Derby, Forest, Real Madrid, Accrington Stanley any club.

I don't know if you have noticed that we have had a little injury crisis at Derby this season, that may well be down to the coaching staff and the training methods that people keep banging on about. As I haven't been to the training sessions I wouldn't like to say if that is the case or not. Let's put it down to bad luck for a minute, the same bad luck that Man Utd have recently had with no recognised defenders fit.

I don't care if it's Alex Ferguson, Nigel Clough or Billy Davies, no manager would of been able to cope with that many injuries without spending cash on bringing players in as cover.

We are not that big a club where we have a top reserve team that we can just bring in players.

As far as the board are concerned, of course they are happy with Cloughie, they set him one target last season and that was to stay up, mission acomplished. This season, reduce the debt and I would guess stay in the Championship, so far so good.

Tactically I think the bloke is a clown, his starting line up and tactics are baffling at times when we have had other options. Take Savage for instance, now I'm not Savbashing here, Clough and himself claim he's been injured recently, yet he's still been starting the game and playing 90 minutes.

When we have Green playing out of position on the right and Croft on the bench, he still picks an unfit 37 year old in the centre of the park. Why? why not rest the guy, at that age your putting the player at risk of a bigger injury.

At the start of the season he kept to his 4-5-1 despite 99% of Derby fans realising that we are totally ***** playing that system. Maybe it was him being stubborn and refusing to accept it wouldn't work, yet how many points has that cost us.

As you can probably see I'm still totally undecided on what to make of Clough so far, although I think I'm now willing to give him the season and see what position we are in May. I think it's too late now to start changing manager, if we was going to do it we should of done it before the January window.

i think clough would be the first to admit that its been harder than he thought it would be.He has inherited some poor players that jewell bought,as well as a lack of confidence in the dressing room.After an initial good start and two good away wins against the scum,its all gone pear shaped.Bad signings,too many loan signings,injuries,bad tactics,lack of effort on the pitch and lack of funds from the board have all contributed to our current league position.Clough has too take a large portion of the blame.I dont like his long ball tactics and I never will.I was prepared to scrap this season if the major cull of the deadwood happened,but it hasnt.we are still holding players that simply arent good enough.

Clough doesnt help his cause when he comes out with ridiculous statements like Bywater could go to the world cup.

Hopefully he has learned that to compete in this league you need to buy lads with quality and that are prepared to battle.The season was summed up for me when we get dj campbell and fo**st get nicky shorey.They went for a quality player,we got a bloke who cant get a game at lester.

I agree dangerous htere is a distinct lack of ambition in the club, im not looking for promotion this season because were not ready but i was expecting better players coming in. They charge expensive rates for crap matches and expect the fans to pay even though we are most liley to lose, my dad didn't renew last seaosn because he was just fed up with everything going on at the club, i brought him a home ticket to the boxing day match and it cost me 27 quid to see blackpool. The players cloiugh are signing are mostly no hopers who are basiclly the sh** he got from burton and he's just trying to be his dad making non league players into league players, tbh as a fan i hope we go down so the fecking board will see some sense and sack the cun* who aint got a clue. His record is appauling and there has been no improvement, i dont mind long ball when it's winning games but when were losing it's an extra slap in the face BOARD OUT CLOUGH OUT

Clough has only signed one player to my knowledge from Burton, Jake Buxton. I wouldn't class Barker and Porter no hopers either while we're at it. Moxey and Buxton on the other hand can blow hot or cold, having stepped up a couple of divisions it's expected, although I'd say they have both showed signs of being capable of making the grade. Croft, ok isn't the best winger in the division although he's a decent enough squad player at least for the league we are in.

You also say the club have no ambition which I agree with, but to then moan about the players Clough has signed, what do you expect when the board won't give him any money? would you rather he blew the little amount of cash we had on one player?

Clough has only signed one player to my knowledge from Burton, Jake Buxton. I wouldn't class Barker and Porter no hopers either while we're at it. Moxey and Buxton on the other hand can blow hot or cold, having stepped up a couple of divisions it's expected, although I'd say they have both showed signs of being capable of making the grade. Croft, ok isn't the best winger in the division although he's a decent enough squad player at least for the league we are in.

You also say the club have no ambition which I agree with, but to then moan about the players Clough has signed, what do you expect when the board won't give him any money? would you rather he blew the little amount of cash we had on one player?

all im saying is george burley, he had no money but he scouted abroad to find players who were worth nothing but were no good, also dangerous statsically we are no better off now than we were last season, buxton is no good tbh (not for this grade) i would rather have one player that could turn a game on it's head thanseveral players who arn't good enough, just look at this league position if we lose today and on saturday then we could be in relegation, the fact is we dont have a good squad we are living in a dream world, addison, moxey, porter (who is never injury free) are the only half decent players we have maybe green, but he ahsnt been very good at all recently

all im saying is george burley, he had no money but he scouted abroad to find players who were worth nothing but were no good, also dangerous statsically we are no better off now than we were last season, buxton is no good tbh (not for this grade) i would rather have one player that could turn a game on it's head thanseveral players who arn't good enough, just look at this league position if we lose today and on saturday then we could be in relegation, the fact is we dont have a good squad we are living in a dream world, addison, moxey, porter (who is never injury free) are the only half decent players we have maybe green, but he ahsnt been very good at all recently

I just think we need to be slightly realistic about the players that we do have and are able to attract to the club with the financial situation we are in. Having been in the Premiership just a couple of season ago and sinking so low it is hard to readjust our expectations, you only have to look at the DET forum with people suggesting we replace Clough with Mark Hughes, and Paul Scholes I think it was on loan last season.

True. Just a thought, I know we give the Red Dogs abit of stick over Davies and the acquisition panel, but you look at the players they have brought in, is the idea of an acquisition panel really that bad?

It wouldn't work with any tom dick and harry, you would need people with connections to Premier League clubs as they have with Pleat. Could help us bring in better players on loan as they have with Shorey and Gunter on the cheap.

I just think we need to be slightly realistic about the players that we do have and are able to attract to the club with the financial situation we are in. Having been in the Premiership just a couple of season ago and sinking so low it is hard to readjust our expectations, you only have to look at the DET forum with people suggesting we replace Clough with Mark Hughes, and Paul Scholes I think it was on loan last season.

I agree with relaistic but the signings ahve been poor from clough, and where has the parachute money gone, gadsby claimed the cleared the debt, now the americans are saying they are trying to do the same, why dont we look at beckford or somone during the window if we get rid of hulse

Archived