Xbox being weird - on shutdown

Day

Right,

If you haven't got an Xbox then don't bother replying, if you think game consoles are for saddo's or poofs don't bother replying.

The other day I switched off me Xbox by the controller as usual, went away and came back 10 mins later and I could hear it was still on although the green light was off. I picked up the controller and the light from the plug and play kit was still on, I switched the power button back on the Xbox and again quickly to turn off and it switched off fine.

Anyhow that happens pretty much everytime I shut it down now, I've even tried turning it off first time using the power button on the console but still the same.

Has anybody else had this problem?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right,

If you haven't got an Xbox then don't bother replying, if you think game consoles are for saddo's or poofs don't bother replying.

The other day I switched off me Xbox by the controller as usual, went away and came back 10 mins later and I could hear it was still on although the green light was off. I picked up the controller and the light from the plug and play kit was still on, I switched the power button back on the Xbox and again quickly to turn off and it switched off fine.

Anyhow that happens pretty much everytime I shut it down now, I've even tried turning it off first time using the power button on the console but still the same.

Has anybody else had this problem?

You should have bought a PS3 you poof! X360s are for saddos!

Seriously though, my XBox does this as well. You have absolutely nothing to worry about. Though it is a bit wierd I doubt it's doing any damage.

It's not just that, the Xbox is still actually running even after I've turned it off by the console or controller, just without the green light on. It's no big deal at the moment, although I'l probably take it back towards the end of the warranty to get it looked at.

Archived