Forum clichés

angieram

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 27/05/2017 at 06:56, LazloW said:

I dislike posts that slate a player/manager/potential signing but then put the caveat in "but I hope they prove me wrong".

A couple of particular posters use this trick a lot.  It gives the perfect opportunity to play the 'look how clever I am' card if the player/manager/potential signing is crap, but they get to appear all magnanimous if they are proven wrong.

Incorrect, you'll find me happy to say and admit I'm incorrect..... and you'll never find me ever to say I told you so if I was right.

Win with grace, lose with humility..... a wise quote that I've learned over the years. 

15 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Incorrect, you'll find me happy to say and admit I'm incorrect..... and you'll never find me ever to say I told you so if I was right.

Win with grace, lose with humility..... a wise quote that I've learned over the years. 

To be fair, I can only be 'incorrect' if I was specifically writing about you, which I wasn't.  In any event, you must be the exception that proves the rule as most people who practice the art referred to in my original (and quite old) post would never admit to being wrong ever.  I'm only really thinking of a couple of posters who proclaim themselves to be football geniuses who proffer their opinions as facts.

Archived