Rob Hulse - January Transfer Rumours

Day

No doubt Hulse will be linked to several clubs this month, so I thought we'd start off a fresh thread for him. To kick the thread off I bring you...

Roy Keane will boot out £1.7million flop Tamas Priskin and Pablo Counago to fund a big bid for Derby hitman Rob Hulse.

Ipswich boss Keane will listen to offers for strikers Priskin and Counago this month as he battles to raise cash at Portman Road.

Hungary international Priskin was only signed this summer from Watford, while Counago has spent nine years with the Tractor Boys.

Keane will offload the pair as he is preparing a £3m bid for Derby striker Hulse, who will be allowed to leave Pride Park this month.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ipswich-manager-Roy-Keane-plans-a-January-clear-out-to-fund-a-bid-for-Derby-ace-article276413.html

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hulse

it sounds like rob hulse is goin n we struggling for goals so a striker sounds the best buy n surely billy sharp worth a bid

Probabbly right we need someone who can score goals-hulse needs to go stoke want him for 3.5million!!!!!!!!

we also need a mid who wins the ball and can make good through balls and got pace

I was thinking about Hulse last night for some reason, I don't even find him attractive but anyway, I just don't see where he would go. Look at the 3 teams that have been rumoured to be interested, Wolves, Boro and Ipswich....

Wolves - Ebanks-Blake, Doyle, Keogh, Iwelumo and Vokes

Boro - Lita, Aliadiere, Emnes, Bent and Franks

Ipswich - Stead, Counago, Priskin, Walters, John

Why would any of those clubs be looking to spend £3m on a 30 year old Hulse? £3m would probably buy you Beckford at the moment as he's out of contract in the summer. How many other strikers will be on a free in the summer or cheaper as clubs look to offload players ready for the new season.

The more I think about it, the more I can see Hulse staying.

I was thinking about Hulse last night for some reason, I don't even find him attractive but anyway, I just don't see where he would go. Look at the 3 teams that have been rumoured to be interested, Wolves, Boro and Ipswich....

Wolves - Ebanks-Blake, Doyle, Keogh, Iwelumo and Vokes

Boro - Lita, Aliadiere, Emnes, Bent and Franks

Ipswich - Stead, Counago, Priskin, Walters, John

Why would any of those clubs be looking to spend £3m on a 30 year old Hulse? £3m would probably buy you Beckford at the moment as he's out of contract in the summer. How many other strikers will be on a free in the summer or cheaper as clubs look to offload players ready for the new season.

The more I think about it, the more I can see Hulse staying.

Gordon Strachan doesn't seem to rate any of his strikers.

There was a rumour a couple of weeks back linking Boro with Rob Hulse AND Paul Dickov.

Strachan is after Kris Boyd from Rangers now.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premiership/strachan-set-to-bid-for-boyd-and-celtic-trio-14623240.html

Also McCarthy has submitted bids for the players he's after.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11699_5832944,00.html

Unless we hear anything in the next few days I would say that leaves only Ipswich left, and they have to sell before they can sign.

Archived