Commons makes Derby comeback

Day

Kris Commons edged closer to full fitness today by playing 90 minutes in a behind-closed-friendly at Moor Farm.

Commons has been sidelined with a hamstring injury since mid-October and has been working hard on his rehabilitation since.

Today a strong Derby side including Commons drew 2-2 with Burton Albion, with Alexsandar Prijovic and Greg Mills on target for the Rams.

Jake Livermore, Jake Buxton, Ben Pringle, Lee Hendrie and Lee Croft all featured and gained valuable game time ahead of the Christmas period.

Commons told dcfc.co.uk afterwards: "It felt good to play, and I feel in good shape.

"I've worked hard on my rehabilitation and recently with Johnny Metgod I have really been put through my paces to make sure I don't break down again.

"Hopefully I can be involved now in the games over Christmas, that is the target for me now.

"I've missed a lot of games and I want to get back into the team."

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~1912688,00.html

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Savage is on talking about Mancini, why? whyyyyy? do we honestly care what he has to say about the Man City manager?

I find it quite disturbing Robbie talking about being Mancini's best mate. I reckon Savage will retire next summer or the one after and Mancini will offer him the job as an assistant or something. He lives near Manc (Cheshire) so it will be perfect for him and will offer massive wages. It'll also make him more famous and he'll be the one doing press conferences and media relations because of Mancini's language barrier.

What did he say? come on?

Commons said nothing much, he thinks he came back to soon as Clough was short of players, he's been working with Metgod trying to get back fit from an injury that should of took 2-3 weeks to recover, played 90 mins felt fine, hoping to be involved on Boxing Day. Clough's told him not to train until he feels ready as he needs him fit, oh and he doesn't listen or read what people are saying about him, he's just focusing on getting back playing for Derby.

No Boycie your not are you. I can't wait to have him back, he's our own little Robinho, when he's up for it he can win you games, when he's not.....well he's *****, hopefully Clough does see him as part of his plans and get him back to his best. With Porter coming back as well we are starting to look dangerous up front again.

Archived