Help please!

DavesaRam

Does anybody know of any HGV C driving jobs available, please?

I have just been made redundant for the second time in 3 months from the same job. I was delivering concrete products for Aggregate Industries in Hulland Ward, driving the only Class C vehicle at the site - all the other lorries are Class C + E (articulated, for those in the real world!).

The transport operation is run by a company whose name rhymes with "Stobart", who have decided they don't want to use the rigid vehicle anymore. Why I don't know, because there are plenty of places which can't be accessed with an artic, and last time they laid me off (in October), they got into a right mess with failed deliveries, and they asked for my boss to put the vehicle back on the road. It took 4 weeks to catch up, but they have decided to stop using the lorry yet again!

I am out of work again, and am looking for vacancies. I have applied for several jobs, but most are through agencies, so who knows whether the jobs actually exist or not.

I am available for immediate start, and would appreciate any help you can give me.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I have just been made redundant for the second time in 3 months from the same job. I was delivering concrete products for Aggregate Industries in Hulland Ward, driving the only Class C vehicle at the site - all the other lorries are Class C + E (articulated, for those in the real world!).

The transport operation is run by a company whose name rhymes with "Stobart", who have decided they don't want to use the rigid vehicle anymore. Why I don't know, because there are plenty of places which can't be accessed with an artic, and last time they laid me off (in October), they got into a right mess with failed deliveries, and they asked for my boss to put the vehicle back on the road. It took 4 weeks to catch up, but they have decided to stop using the lorry yet again!

I am out of work again, and am looking for vacancies. I have applied for several jobs, but most are through agencies, so who knows whether the jobs actually exist or not.

I am available for immediate start, and would appreciate any help you can give me.

Good luck mate, sucks when you get made redundant. 

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

if you are registered with your local job centre you can access this help for free, I was discussing this with my missus who now helps with getting people back into jobs, I will skype her now and ask her for the criteria....

Thanks Mr Lester. I've been to that Website, and the course is for people without an HGV licence - i.e. it is to gain the licence I already have. There isn't an option for Class 1 training. So I rang them, and I would need to go on another course over the next 3 months, after which I would be eligible for the training, but actually they have stopped doing the HGV training in the Midlands.

Apart from that, I thought the call went rather well!

Thanks ever so for your efforts!

1 minute ago, DavesaRam said:

Thanks Mr Lester. I've been to that Website, and the course is for people without an HGV licence - i.e. it is to gain the licence I already have. There isn't an option for Class 1 training. So I rang them, and I would need to go on another course over the next 3 months, after which I would be eligible for the training, but actually they have stopped doing the HGV training in the Midlands.

Apart from that, I thought the call went rather well!

Thanks ever so for your efforts!

oh testicles, always a barrier...

let me ask "er indoors" when she gets back from work, she might know of something, I suppose if you could get an offer of employment from Eddie Stobart's then the Job Centre would more than likely fund your C+E license, it used to be if you were unemployed for 6 months they would fund this kind of thing but it is now different.

Not too sure I want to be with the Stobies - it isn't the company we all think it is from the posh, clean trucks, the TV series, and so on.They are making a right mess of the contract I was on, and may even be kicked out of the place. However, a Class 1 licence would be nice, and would open up more doors for a new job.

Just now, DavesaRam said:

Not too sure I want to be with the Stobies - it isn't the company we all think it is from the posh, clean trucks, the TV series, and so on.They are making a right mess of the contract I was on, and may even be kicked out of the place. However, a Class 1 licence would be nice, and would open up more doors for a new job.

I thought they were in Crick now?

she is with the DWP office next week, she shall ask if funding is available.

Archived