All Rams Fans Attending Derby vs Reading 28/11/09 PLEASE READ!

MattyTheRam

http://forums.thisis.co.uk/thread.jspa?threadID=35293&tstart=0

"Hi all,

For those that do not know, Steven Pamon (Spam) was tragically killed on 14 November 2009 in a road accident on Acorn Way on his way to work.

Spam was a young man and should not have been taken this soon, he leaves a young family behind.

Spam was a big Derby County fan who attended both home and away games and in a mark of respect I have decided not to surf the flag around the stands for the Reading game.

Instead the flag will be walked around the pitch by Spam's friends and it would be a nice send off for Spam if when you are in the stand you applaud when the flag comes around. As this is an unofficial mark of respect we have not been able to promote it as much as we would like which also includes no announcement to advise fans why the flag is being walked around.

Spam was also a resident of the East Stand when he went to games so when the flag approaches the East Stand corner please join in with the song dedicated to him which will be "one steve panom, theres only one steve panom...." The Big Man will enjoy that.

Lets make this a send off to remember as Spam was a very special person and friend to so many, this was shown by the sheer amount of people that turned up to his funeral yesterday, it was simply not possible to get everyone into Markeaton Crem and many had to honour their respects outside.

There will also be an article in the programme for the game.

Many thanks

Nick"

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it was lovely matty, everyone did him proud, especially all of you carrying the flag and the lil lad with his shirt held high, not suprised you were chocked mate. xx

Yeah, Its the sort of thing i would love to have for me when i pass some day :)

Apart from having my headstone in PP :D

Archived