robbie savage : i would have done the same as henry

derbydan

i read this in the mirror at dinner and yes it is bad what henry has done and that but like robbie says who can honestly say they would do the same thing if if happened to them and who wouldn't be happy if we got away with it say if it was against florist in january?

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/robbie-savage/Why-I-would-have-done-exactly-what-cheating-Thierry-Henry-did-article226259.html

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather he played the game by the rules instead of cheating, I bet I could sit here and find threads calling Ronaldo cheating scum etc. for diving and conning the ref, Savage does the same and it's acceptable for some reason. When we beat Forest in January I'd like us to win it by playing by the rules and not cheating.

so would i but what i'm saying is that kind of situation occured and it went in our favour i'm most fans would be happy with it and I know what your sayin about diving ect but robbie doesn't do it alot and as blatant as other mentioned football players but if your reffering to the cov match yes he did over react but the facts are that the kid was already on a yellow but he still lunged in at robbie he did catch him and not the ball so therefore deserved the second yellow and the reason he is the one hassling refs in our matches about decisions is he is our captain and its what he's supposed to do

I'm not sure thats what he's meant to do no, the captain is allowed to talk to the ref but not allowed to hassle him with dribble hanging out his mouth like a dog whilst waving his hair around like he's in a vidal sassoon advert.

If Savage or any other Derby player for that matter handled the ball in the area as Henry did I would be pissed off, if the ref sees it he would be given a yellow card and wasted an opportunity to get a corner or put the ball in the box.

If it was done by accident and the ball went in and we scored then I'd be fine with it, but not if he handled the ball deliberately.

I think it's time Savage quit this Mirror column as he doesnt half come out with some crap at times when he should be concentrating on playing football, forget the media rollocks till he's retired.

Dangerous I agree. Cheating is unacceptable and the game needs to be cleansed of it.

Savage cheats but he is our player so I'll support him.

If we were in the FA Cup final, against Forest drawing 1-1 and then Savage scored in injury time by using his hands, I would want there to be a replay.

I may sound mad but I hate cheating, especially it's in most blatant form. It is an injustice that a team can lose out through the cheating of others. It's an absolute disgrace and it makes me angry.

Yes I agree.

We all felt sorry when the ball hit the coffee cup agains the red dogs and went in. I thought it was cheating too.

Stop blowing smoke up each others ass's. You'd take a 1-0 win against the red dogs if it was a dodgy goal.

Oh yes, last season Forest were complaining that Derbys 2 late dissallowed goals should have stood aswell.

Bladdy fools.

I know he's telling the truth, I've seen him cheating but that doesn't make cheating acceptable because your honest about it.

He's our captain, he should be leading by example. You don't see Gerrard, Lampard etc. in the papers saying they would cheat given a chance do you?

He needs to remember that he's still a "footballer", forget this media crap until he's retired, say what he likes then but not whilst he's representing our club.

Archived