The importance of a stable structure and ethos in long term success

davenportram

59 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Blimey. The man's made close on a billion smackers over his lifetime, and he's a lunatic. So that's where I went wrong.

Things have certainly gone well since his intervention after the Reading game. Mel's Barmy Army marching on on on to league one one one

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NS said:

News flash we're a championship team all those turning up expecting City or Arsenal need to look at the team sheet not many Premiership players there. Clement has improved the team since Mclaren anyone who watched the last 12 games of last season would surely admit that. The last game I saw was Burnley and I'm sure all who were there would say that was a fluke result and we were the better team. 

1. You're choosing to ignore how good we were before the collapse.

2. The collapse itself had numerous mitigating circumstances. 

3. I'd expect us to have improved having spent £25,000,000

4. Correct me if I'd adding two and two and getting five, but if the Burnley game was the last game you saw them you weren't a regular? If so, how can you comment on whether we've improved?

5. That Burnley game was probably our third best performance of the season! 

6. We haven't improved. We're better at defending deeply but we're worse at playing it out of the back, which has led to us being too slow on the ball, which has led to team's getting in shape and nullifying us in attack. 

q. Would you say a stable structure and ethos would be a good thing?

A. the evolution of Life took over 3 billion years so i'd say we should be guided that.

Maybe in about 3 billion years Mel will have got it just about right.

Archived