Big money signing

archied

1 minute ago, davenportram said:

your opinion based on one game. I gave no opinion on Wassall. And I won't until I've seen more. Just like Clement, I wasn't impressed by his appointment but gave him time so I could assess things properly.

Listen to his post match interview, this is a man who I quote "delighted with them today, application desire and togetherness", so no I don't believe it will get better.  You have clement under 8 months to form your opinion, mine was that we were heading the right way, we were 5th and we were all recently lauding him for shoring up a leaky defence and leading us to the top of the table.  Then enter a chairman who decided to enter the dressing room and add extra pressure to steam that was performing to the levels he expected.  He then a few weeks ago sat down with the manager and told him we were not playing the Derby way., and a couple of weeks later decided to get rid instead of giving him the season to at least implement his ideas.

In the matter of a few days, we have been plunged back to the days of NC, the match day enjoyment, the build up to the game, the hope of promotion has been sucked out of the club.  30k yesterday, over 4K at Fulham, lets see what happens to the attendances over the rest of the season, the sacking to me was strange, the lack of plan in place that followed though is what I cannot understand, if MM really has that much faith in Wassall, then why didn't he appoint him instead of Clement.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, davenportram said:

now the job is to get the players to unlearn a style they've learned, not easy, and play differently.

getting a big name in isn't always the right thing, if they don't buy into the club ethos it will never work.

We don't really have a Club ethos though do we, only a vague 'dynasty-building' Derby Way statement from Mel.

4 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Listen to his post match interview, this is a man who I quote "delighted with them today, application desire and togetherness", so no I don't believe it will get better.  You have clement under 8 months to form your opinion, mine was that we were heading the right way, we were 5th and we were all recently lauding him for shoring up a leaky defence and leading us to the top of the table.  Then enter a chairman who decided to enter the dressing room and add extra pressure to steam that was performing to the levels he expected.  He then a few weeks ago sat down with the manager and told him we were not playing the Derby way., and a couple of weeks later decided to get rid instead of giving him the season to at least implement his ideas.

In the matter of a few days, we have been plunged back to the days of NC, the match day enjoyment, the build up to the game, the hope of promotion has been sucked out of the club.  30k yesterday, over 4K at Fulham, lets see what happens to the attendances over the rest of the season, the sacking to me was strange, the lack of plan in place that followed though is what I cannot understand, if MM really has that much faith in Wassall, then why didn't he appoint him instead of Clement.

going the right way? What matches have you been watching? The atmosphere at the ground has been pretty negative for weeks, even during out unbeaten runs we were lucky to draw and playing BORING football. Its those poor performances which have slowly dragged the mood down, not PC being sacked or MM going into the dressing room.

2 minutes ago, davenportram said:

going the right way? What matches have you been watching? The atmosphere at the ground has been pretty negative for weeks, even during out unbeaten runs we were lucky to draw and playing BORING football. Its those poor performances which have slowly dragged the mood down, not PC being sacked or MM going into the dressing room.

Maybe boring to you, but pre our recent run we were playing a winning effective style, yes the atmosphere dropped recently, but before this it was fine, it started to drop because our results did, not because of the style of play. There is an air of expectation with Derby fans that turns once results don't go our way, further fuelled by rumours of unrest created by an  over active chairman, who only added to the unrest.  Had we got back to winning ways the buzz would have been back, but after 7 months we sacked a manager that had won 13 and only lost 5, and replaced him with Darren Wassall.  A manager who once again left no players up field when MK had a corner, played 442 with players that we knew with our limited knowledge can't okay that system, implemented a style of play that was no longer negative it just was kick and hope, and managed to hardly get a shot of worth while in 90 minutes.

Archived