And so it begins...

gawa_ram

Today was the opening day for applications for the draw of the first lot of South Africa 2010 tickets.

Me and a mate are aiming for two weeks in Pretoria as it's within travelling distance to four stadia (Pretoria itself, two in Johannesburg and one in Rutenburg).

Have been to World Cup in Germany and European Championships in Switzerland/Austria and managed to get one ticket from the draws and the rest (three in Germany and two in Switzerland/Austria) are from the IFA due to us not qualifying and me and my dad's commitment to following Norn Iron home and away.

This will be something else though - missing out on a holiday this year just to save for next summer, cannot wait.

Anyone else looking at going?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've priced flights for the same period this year and they're £426 from London to Johannesburg which is ok but obviously you'll have to expect some sort of price increase next summer - especially if England qualify.

Hopefully land a cheap hotel for £30 per night and split that to about £200 for the whole fortnight.

Aye mate - I'll need it, can get a bit dodgy round there but I'm used to that with living in Belfast :eek:

Archived