Middlesbrough v Derby County

Day

Young ram - Derby were relegated - worst team in history - we were struggling in the championship, the players were at their lowest, us fans were even lower. Cloughie came in knowing what a depressed outfit we were and told us that it would take time.......kept us up, said it was work in progress.

are you talking about the arse groove in daveyboys armchair? ;)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what im saying is, at least we had financial stability and a future, if we didn't that would worry me at least we are safe in the knowelge that tomorrow we will ahve a club to support and a ground to go to on saturday, yes the players were low however it wasnt disaster time

Young ram - I supported Derby County when we were in the 3rd division. I had a season ticket in the Normanton End Upper and then Osmaston End Upper........so, yes, I did.

yeah i remember watching Derby in the old 3rd division as well mate and we had a few better players then as well

What I'm trying to say is...let's just give Cloughie time......we expect too much nowadays. Let's build a good, solid team. He isn't his dad, but he's probably learnt more than we'll ever know.

Derby County needs a solid base. Some stability. We aren't going to get that with chopping and changing the manager.

How can a team one week using the same tactics fight for each other and get a point away at leicesterand nearly nick the 3, and then 3 days later struggle and don't gel against a side who are in a slump themselves??? I think we maybe need to look at the players a little more than the manager!!!

Calm down everyone!!!

At the beginning of the season when you are looking at the games what would you have predicted for Boro away.

Most of us would say a loss but would be happy with a point, now factor in our injuries.

When (hopefully not if) we get a settled squad and the injuries have eased we will start moving back up the table.

It is not in the owners interest for us to be relegated, I reckon some funds will be freed up come the New Year if we are in the same position.

Calm down everyone!!!

At the beginning of the season when you are looking at the games what would you have predicted for Boro away.

Most of us would say a loss but would be happy with a point, now factor in our injuries.

When (hopefully not if) we get a settled squad and the injuries have eased we will start moving back up the table.

It is not in the owners interest for us to be relegated, I reckon some funds will be freed up come the New Year if we are in the same position.

Theres a difference between losing and playing well and being absolute crap

Granted.

But when you are missing influential players it effects the team.

For example look at Liverpool without Torres and Gerrard.

get what you mean,

look at dcfcfans without trig!

if david had not agreed to up my contract id have been off im telling you,

seriously stop and have a think for 1 min!

were we not all jumping for joy when nige took over ?

the answer your looking for is yes , is he a good manager ?

in my mind yes !

is he being given full support from the board?

NO! NO! NO! NO!

he,s having to try and sort this shower of **** out , on a shoe string budget, the people to shoulder is those foo kin yanks who have plagued our club, why do i say that?

look at the crowds we get30+ooo a week, where does all the money go to?

certainly not to nige,other wise he would not be buying these basement bargain plonkers from lower leagues,

give him this season to show some sort of progress before the boo boys get thier way,

remember rome was,nt built in a day!

OH DEAR ! Well um that was worth the trip :frown:

Flippin freezing it was up north ! woefull performance - no-one seemed bothered, no-one put the effort in - apart from Savage/Dickov and Jay (till he went off with a fractured cheekbone- ouch) ! Boro were not that good either really - they can at least string 6-7 passes together though - we can't string more than 3 without losing it - Livermore needs to go he is dire - hasn't done one good thing yet, was it a penalty ? saw the replay at half time from different angle looked like a dive. Hi Matty - you were surprisingly sober last night :D !

your getting sacked in the morning ! sacked in the morning !

DA DA DA DA DA DA DCFC ! - loyal supporters - oh why did only Savage and Moxey come and clap the fans last night - disgracefull - Nigel should of come over and bowed to us after that !

OH DEAR ! Well um that was worth the trip :frown:

Flippin freezing it was up north ! woefull performance - no-one seemed bothered, no-one put the effort in - apart from Savage/Dickov and Jay (till he went off with a fractured cheekbone- ouch) ! Boro were not that good either really - they can at least string 6-7 passes together though - we can't string more than 3 without losing it - Livermore needs to go he is dire - hasn't done one good thing yet, was it a penalty ? saw the replay at half time from different angle looked like a dive. Hi Matty - you were surprisingly sober last night :D !

your getting sacked in the morning ! sacked in the morning !

DA DA DA DA DA DA DCFC ! - loyal supporters - oh why did only Savage and Moxey come and clap the fans last night - disgracefull - Nigel should of come over and bowed to us after that !

Only had 6 last night :) so was a bit better, think the cold weather helps aswell :)

Where did you dissapear to anyways like 5 mins into the second half, or did u move seats?

Should of moved up to the back row with rest of the regulars ;D

get what you mean,

look at dcfcfans without trig!

if david had not agreed to up my contract id have been off im telling you,

seriously stop and have a think for 1 min!

were we not all jumping for joy when nige took over ?

the answer your looking for is yes , is he a good manager ?

in my mind yes !

is he being given full support from the board?

NO! NO! NO! NO!

he,s having to try and sort this shower of **** out , on a shoe string budget, the people to shoulder is those foo kin yanks who have plagued our club, why do i say that?

look at the crowds we get30+ooo a week, where does all the money go to?

certainly not to nige,other wise he would not be buying these basement bargain plonkers from lower leagues,

give him this season to show some sort of progress before the boo boys get thier way,

remember rome was,nt built in a day!

well the board are giving away loads of free tickets that is howw e get 30,000 tbh, loads of people at my school or at my dads work they have been giving the buggers away, thats why there aint no ticket money because they cant shift them

Archived