Best start in years

I think that we can win convincingly against Sheff Wed. Essentially, when I look at the fixtures, I assume that the top five will win, unless they are playing each other. It simply means that any points that they drop are a bonus, rather than expected. It is somewhat unrealistic that we can get a clean sheet every game, so we must be able to score a couple of goals in a lot of remaining games to get a win. QPR for me was the definitive win. They were strong and uncompromising. An few more games like that are coming our way and basically, we must win them to keep in touch.

Watford have conceded 16 goals and Bournemouth have conceded 30 goals. The biggest single reason for surviving in the Premiership is not conceding goals. Paul Clement is on the right track, successfully defending as a team.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/4/2015, 7:00:04, robster1 said:

Schteve had the chance to be a Derby legend - former player, assistant manager (with a fantastically exciting Bald Eagle team), and then manager of a team that could get promotion. For whatever reason he turned that down....  

He wanted promotion in the first season but was unlucky. if he had achieved promotion, nobody could have complained if he had gone to Newcastle without all the hoohah. Life is complicated. when someone appears to be succeeding (he was at Xmas), then Clubs will try to take the short route to success by taking the manager. The managerial merry go round is becoming a race track. You can jump ship at the wrong time. 

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2015‎ ‎7‎:‎16‎:‎31‎, Rampage said:

The next two games will give a clear indication of whether there is any possibility that we might creak under pressure. Personally I think that there is only an absolute minimal chance of that happening. The Florist game was an inexplicable creak which has quickly been oiled.

Nope, we had a re run of the type of performance many will forget quickly - but managed a draw.

Archived