Windows 10 - Did you upgrade?

Walsall_Ram

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

There are some issues, for example attempting to watch Sky via the website on Microsoft Edge leads to this error:

nmjipi.png

Sky works fine on Firefox

Sky works fine on Firefox

Yeah, that's what I'm using now. Just really annoying because I'd registered this laptop + windows explorer hs a device (I have a Virgin TV package) so when I upgraded, Explorer turned into Edge, which doesn't work and you can't download Explorer back onto it. So I've had to use my whole allocation of device changes for the month to get it onto Firefox.

Sith Happens

Yeah, that's what I'm using now. Just really annoying because I'd registered this laptop + windows explorer hs a device (I have a Virgin TV package) so when I upgraded, Explorer turned into Edge, which doesn't work and you can't download Explorer back onto it. So I've had to use my whole allocation of device changes for the month to get it onto Firefox.

What it did do is recognise my PC as a diffrent device. Fortunately i could go into manage devices and remove it so it registered again

Edge is actually quite a good browser. It's lacking in things like add-ons at the moment so I get inundated with adds on most sites (DET, YouTube etc.) so I don't use it, but I will. I particularly like the screenshot/share function that has some extra bells and whistles.

A lot of people have set up their systems around Chrome now though, so it would take a lot of effort for them to switch browsers which is understandable.

Clean installed it 1st impressions I like it. Took 2-3 re-installs after a few mistakes.

One important thing is to make sure you change window settings from P2P to your personal network. Otherwise it will take your internet from you 1st thing I did.

Only a few update feels strange not sure how to set them to inform me then download when I want. Playing games I can now get 250+ FPS which is ncie (Even thoe you only need 50+ I guess).

You can't delete browser history on exit which is annoying. I've done it in 'internet options' but don't seem to work :S.

Clean installed it 1st impressions I like it. Took 2-3 re-installs after a few mistakes.

One important thing is to make sure you change window settings from P2P to your personal network. Otherwise it will take your internet from you 1st thing I did.

Only a few update feels strange not sure how to set them to inform me then download when I want. Playing games I can now get 250+ FPS which is ncie (Even thoe you only need 50+ I guess).

You can't delete browser history on exit which is annoying. I've done it in 'internet options' but don't seem to work :S.

Uh oh, have to get a friend to destroy your computer when the time comes.

Started the install this morning before I left to go to work. Really hope it speeds my computer up!

I upgraded my work laptop during my lunch break on Monday, took 39 minutes :p

Uh oh, have to get a friend to destroy your computer when the time comes.

Haha it's not a massive thing. I usually forget otherwise it ends up at around 500mb-2GB worth of data time I remember to do it.

Weird thing is using DXDIAG no matter what my graphics card driver shows the date I installed windows.. Surely this can not be correct should show the release date of the graphics card driver.

One slightly annoying thing is it put the date at the bottom right to american style (mm/dd/yy) so I was citing the wrong date for a couple of days :lol: 

One slightly annoying thing is it put the date at the bottom right to american style (mm/dd/yy) so I was citing the wrong date for a couple of days :lol: 

there's normally an option to select your location when installing. Were you in a hurry and excitedly click next without reading the options?

there's normally an option to select your location when installing. Were you in a hurry and excitedly click next without reading the options?

It thinks I'm in the UK (no, I wasn't in a hurry and I have just checked), but all of my date options bar one are still american style. The one that isn't is the one that uses alphabetical (07-Aug-15)

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/596746/Windows-10-Dramatic-Step-Microsoft-Firefox-Backwards

if its like all the other releases that Microsoft have released all your data will be in some hackers lap as we speak..

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/588071/Windows-10-Wifi-Sense-Security-Facebook

the problem with Microsoft products is they send hundreds of thousands of the releases to journo's, tech guys and hackers and anybody else who has an interest, then the hackers will find the vulnerability in there own system by testing it to destruction, thus finding the hack.

that is why Vista and Windows 8 bombed, it was beyond patching...

I love Windows 10, love the xbox streaming via the xbox app too. As for Edge and Explorer, Explorer is still there, Microsoft have hidden it away. You can search 'internet explorer' in the search bar in the button left corner. Just right click on the search result and pin to task bar to create desktop shortcut. I use Sky and Virgin 'anywhere' so it has proven invaluable.

Archived