Gaming

SaintRam

9 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

If I like Fallout 4, the Unchartered series, GTA and the Lego games do you have any recommendations?

Far cry

20 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

If I like Fallout 4, the Unchartered series, GTA and the Lego games do you have any recommendations?

Someone would probably answer that better, I don't keep up to date as much as others now. Seen they've just announced the new PS4 Pro, only had my PS4 a few months, becoming too expensive to keep up.

Nintendo Classic is my next and last gaming purchase probably 

16 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I think I had a couple of those on the PS3.  Do you start by arriving on some chaos ridden Caribbian island?

Yeah played 2, 3 and 4 and enjoyed them. Not bothered with primal, heard mixed reviews. The Witcher 3 is pretty good as is Mad Max. Got addicted to Dying Light for a while as well.

Just finished Uncharted 4 in less than a fortnight (and less than 20 hours game play).  After 8 months playing Fallout 4 it was all over a bit quick.

Great game though and a fitting addition to the series.  Going to play Until Dawn now (after about 4 hours of updates).  After that I have still got 5 or 6 games I've not played yet on the PS4.

Was really tempted by Fallout 4 but I'd have to say good by to the wife for a while just to get half way through it. Is Until Dawn zombie based, if so I may have to have a look. Got me a full blown zombie fetish.

20 minutes ago, seths-cap said:

Was really tempted by Fallout 4 but I'd have to say good by to the wife for a while just to get half way through it. Is Until Dawn zombie based, if so I may have to have a look. Got me a full blown zombie fetish.

No Zombies yet - and no hint of any - I think it is a game version of the American Horror Film thriller where kids are staying in an isolated lodge and something happens.

It is intriguing though, using the butterfly effect.  It seems that all your decisions affect how the game plays.  Also you seem to control all the characters for spells.  The games seems to be a mixture of decisions, finding stuff and pressing the right button quickly on demand.

The only small downside for me so far (and I am only very early in the game) is that the characters all seem unlikable.

If you like Zombies (I assume you are a fan of TWD) I think the Fallout 4 game engine would make the basis of a great Walking Dead game.

4 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

No Zombies yet - and no hint of any - I think it is a game version of the American Horror Film thriller where kids are staying in an isolated lodge and something happens.

It is intriguing though, using the butterfly effect.  It seems that all your decisions affect how the game plays.  Also you seem to control all the characters for spells.  The games seems to be a mixture of decisions, finding stuff and pressing the right button quickly on demand.

The only small downside for me so far (and I am only very early in the game) is that the characters all seem unlikable.

If you like Zombies (I assume you are a fan of TWD) I think the Fallout 4 game engine would make the basis of a great Walking Dead game.

That rings a bell now, think I saw a clip on it somewhere. Must be hard going if you don't take a shine to the characters.

Love the walking dead. The telltale game was quite good, pretty cheap now I think. Think the best zombie game of all time is still to be released, hopefully someone's working on it.

15 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Update on Until Dawn - I have nearly finished it and quite a few of the characters have died either through my choices or on a few occasions through me not pressing required buttons quick enough.

It is a sinister, disturbing game but well worth a go.

did u manage to warm to any of the characters in the end?

3 minutes ago, seths-cap said:

did u manage to warm to any of the characters in the end?

I watched the interviews with the cast (I unlocked it as bonus content) and that helped a bit, the characters look amazingly like their actors.  One of the actors is quite famous too (Ward in Marvel's Agents of Shield).  I guess I did warm to them a bit but not much...

Still worth trying on a PS4 though.  I will play the final chapter now as I am intrigued to see how it ends (or if I get any of the characters to the end!).  Apparently even the name of the chapters changes depending on decisions in the game.

2 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I watched the interviews with the cast (I unlocked it as bonus content) and that helped a bit, the characters look amazingly like their actors.  One of the actors is quite famous too (Ward in Marvel's Agents of Shield).  I guess I did warm to them a bit but not much...

Still worth trying on a PS4 though.  I will play the final chapter now as I am intrigued to see how it ends (or if I get any of the characters to the end!).  Apparently even the name of the chapters changes depending on decisions in the game.

crying shame its not on the one, would have had a go as i do enjoy a good decision based game. Have you tried the telltale walking dead game? Works the opposite way to your game, you care greatly for most the characters but not of the decisions choose seem to make a blind bit of difference.

39 minutes ago, seths-cap said:

crying shame its not on the one, would have had a go as i do enjoy a good decision based game. Have you tried the telltale walking dead game? Works the opposite way to your game, you care greatly for most the characters but not of the decisions choose seem to make a blind bit of difference.

I had the the telltale walking dead game on my PS3 but hardly played it (I think I got a lot of new games at the same time).  My PS3 is now in the cupboard and the games don't work on the PS4.