What book are you reading?

sage

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished last night,enjoy it.Hard to beat To Kill a Mockingbird but I thought it was pretty solid.

I thought it was crap. What was the plot? There wasn't one so far as I could tell. Jean Louise stumbles into a town counsel meeting about 2/3 through the book, changes her opinion. The end.

A classic example of a book piggy-backing of its predecessor.

I thought it was crap. What was the plot? There wasn't one so far as I could tell. Jean Louise stumbles into a town counsel meeting about 2/3 through the book, changes her opinion. The end.

A classic example of a book piggy-backing of its predecessor.

Oh I agree not as good as the original, but solid overall. But yes some of my library colleagues think it was bad too. Just different takes on it I guess.

Picked up second hand autobiographies by Kingsley Amis and his son Martin for £2.50 the pair, nearly finished the old man's. Wonderful turn of phrase.

• 6 months later...

Wondered if there was a book thread as found a gem I'd only skim read and lost in the attic, now it's hooking me.

About 8-9 years back I was given a copy of Facing Up by Bear Grylls just before he started hitting the commercial circus he went on.

It's a real interesting read, depicting the determination of a young man battling to overcome a test of courage, skill and essentially nature to climb Everest. The significance is even more remarkable, when it's explained young climbers are seriously challenged as their under developed lungs, can't cope with altitude as well as say the more mature veteran climbers.

Well worth including in an adrenaline junkies spare time or holiday reading list.

Archived