Cricket: The sign of relationship issues & 2 hour games

Day

When I see a bloke sat there at the cricket I'm thinking that's a man with relationship issues, that's a man that will do anything to get out the house and away from the other half and I find it quite sad, not in a uncool way but I feel sorry for them.

If he said I'm off down the pub she'd go nuts at him spending the day in the pub. Instead she thinks he has a genuine interest in a sport. Little does she know he's sat there having a few pints, sleeps it off and wakes up with a ridiculous tan and goes straight to bed as he's suffering from sun stroke.

The fielders remind me of Tesco trolley collectors, loads of them stood around the big car park doing nothing, stood around like they are waiting for a bus.

When my Dad watched it, the days of when the TV remote was his and if you don't like it do one, I used to think they were there as scarecrows to keep the birds off the pitch, when one of those balls gets whacked every 10 minutes, freshly rubbed on a sweaty groin and took out a birds they would have animal rights campaigners calling for it to be stopped like the Grand National.

If they stopped cricket what would men with relationship issues do? all other sports last no more than a couple of hours which if Cricket was serious about being a sport should be, an hour each to whack it as much as you can. No more come on chaps I'm parched, let's grab a cuppa and a sandwich, you're supposed to be sportsmen not builders! 

I could understand if it was a sport that required a degree of intelligence like Snooker, you can't expect snooker players to play 30 frames in one session, but this is cricket, a ball is thrown and you whack it, unless you're one of those Tesco trolly collectors, give them a chair to sit down on and get the game over with if you can because this is another thing, the British weather!

Peter Kay voice "It's spitting, everybody in it's spitting!" oh man the **** up, it's a bit of rain for god sake, are they worried that if they get wet nipples will show through their whites, are Google running the advertising for Cricket? 

And here's the 2 hour thing again, if you expect to be able to play a game over a full day or more in England and avoid the rain then you are more stupid that you already look in those whites.

2 hour games I'm telling you is the future, get the games over and done with and that wasn't a pun either.

It would be more child friendly, how many take kids or have seen kids at the football? it's hard enough to get them to sit still for 90 minutes, never mind all day, 2 hour game whilst still longer would be more manageable and would allow youngsters to get interested from a young age and may even fill those grounds in a few years.

Is it any wonder the grounds are empty, they play during the work day, imagine how many would turn up to watch Derby play on a Friday at 10am? You make Cricket bat off at 3pm on a Saturday in the summer for 2 hours and those stands will be full. 

More money would be in the game, advertising revenue would rocket, Super Sunday 2 games on TV, players would be paid more and take the sport more seriously, no more Flintoff's necking pints with his beer belly.

You know what, I've just thought...Rugby, that doesn't take place all day and is still utter ****, bunch of failed footballers that drink and eat too much throwing a squashed ball around.

2 hour games won't save Cricket, if you're not happy in your relationship move on, we're only here once, don't waste it being unhappy with a moaning other half. 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

Spending a day at the cricket is great fun. The other half has no problem with it.. And if I get p1ssed and sunburnt so what, at least it proves to her indoors I'm  not lying about going to the cricket, so no problems with our relationship thank you.  Some guys have their sheds, some guys ... Ahem daveo... Have  their computers..and other guys have their cricket. The ladies , at least the best ones , and Mrs pistold Pete is the very best, understand that. 

Days at the cricket on the piss are up there with my favourite passtimes, and I havent got a bird.

That probably says a lot actually.

I'm aiming for every home Kent one day game played in Canterbury this season (play a few at Beckenham and that's too far to travel). And I'll be pissed up at every single one. 

Days at the cricket on the piss are up there with my favourite passtimes, and I havent got a bird.

That probably says a lot actually.

I'm aiming for every home Kent one day game played in Canterbury this season (play a few at Beckenham and that's too far to travel). And I'll be pissed up at every single one. 

​I was at Canterbury for day 1 of this game...

http://cricketarchive.com/Archive/Scorecards/27/27664.html

Colin Bland did a fielding masterclass during the tea interval too - any nobody who was there will ever forget it.

Archived