One hundred goals

PistoldPete2

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

If we can average 3 a game for the next 3 games, then we'll get 3 draws and go to penalties in Semi-Final :ph34r:

Tbf we have scored 100 goals but conceded only about 60. If we hadn't had injuries to martin and  bent and p1ssed about with loser like Leon best we could have got quite a few more goals too. But sure it's mainly the goals conceded that has cost us automatic. 

Tbf we have scored 100 goals but conceded only about 60. If we hadn't had injuries to martin and  bent and p1ssed about with loser like Leon best we could have got quite a few more goals too. But sure it's mainly the goals conceded that has cost us automatic. 

I know mate, tongue-in-cheek. I'm not actually that bothered by our defense at the minute. They're in poor form, but I reckon they can find some form before Saturday. Recently a lot of our goals have come when we've been behind, and almost reverted to our old attack with abandon technique that works surprisingly well. Bmouth and Eatford both attack relentlessly and it's worked.

PistoldPete2

85 league goals 

15 cup goals ????? 

Think so... 5 against Fulham 2 each against reading and Carlisle, 1 gainst charlton, I against chelski, 1 against southport, 2 against Chesterfield, and 1 against reading. 

leon fookin best.....dear me.....dear dear dear.........leon fookin best.

i think the recruitment team should be publicly flogged on the pitch for that.

Just watching foxes v Chelsea, and in response to a question about Chelsea being boring, Neville replied Newcastle under Keegan were exciting, but no one remembers losers.

Got me thinking, he must have remembered the Newcastle team to reference it, and I can still remember them beating Man Utd that season, along with a list of the players, Ginola, Albert, tino etc...

Yet I can't remember the over the years since many teams or games from champions as I do as vividly as Newcastle.

So do we take boring winning football over exciting football that may not guarantee the same results?

Taking the managers ability out of the equation, the football served under Mac has been a pleasure, last time I remember quality of the same ilk was with Bueno in the team. Before that the eranio era, and prior to that under smith when we also played with exciting wingers.  On the other hand, I enjoyed the Davies promotion season, but was that more down to the winning feeling that had deserted us for so long.

Would we be happy being promoted based upon a defensive platform but served up percentage football in the PL, or are we satisfied playing good football that ultimately may not see us promoted and the chance to see if we could play this way in the PL.

PistoldPete2

Having watched the 3-3 draw at milwall, it was exciting but not totally in a good way. It was nerve jangling, And like Mac says for those of a certain age, not good fr the heart. How would you fancy another 3-3 draw on Saturday. Or 4-4 ? No thanks. A nice boring 1-0 will do, or even better 2-0 or 3-0.

Archived