Banks Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ovis aries

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an account at my bank that used to pay the paltry amount of 1% , today I have received a letter stating that on the years end the interest will reduce to 0.20% , twenty f*****g pence per hundred pounds .

Bear in mind I am 72 with a serious illness so I do not tie my money down .

I have an account at my bank that used to pay the paltry amount of 1% , today I have received a letter stating that on the years end the interest will reduce to 0.20% , twenty f*****g pence per hundred pounds .

Bear in mind I am 72 with a serious illness so I do not tie my money down .

​Just been listening to a piece on 5live about accounts. Forget savings accounts. Most current accounts now have good interest rates but you need to pay in a minimum (often £1000) every month in order to qualify. I have the 123 Santander account, which pays 3% plus cash-back but there are plenty of others.

Have a look at M&S bank. New account which has no minimum pay-in & 6% interest via a linked savings account.  

I have a current account that pays 3% , but you only get interest on the first £3000.

My main account is my ISA that I load up every year, but even that pays a pittance now.

The rest of my dosh was in this Easy Saver.

I think I will draw the lot out and put it under the bed .

People say rich f*****g pensioners , well I am not rich , but I still get robbed

I have a current account that pays 3% , but you only get interest on the first £3000.

My main account is my ISA that I load up every year, but even that pays a pittance now.

The rest of my dosh was in this Easy Saver.

I think I will draw the lot out and put it under the bed .

People say rich f*****g pensioners , well I am not rich , but I still get robbed

​Santander pays the 3% up to £20k but I can't vouch for anyone else. Like I said, there is plenty of choice of decent accounts nowadays. Shop around.

Archived