Billy Davies talking more rubbish

Dangerous

Davies on the defensive after flashpoint in Rams clash

Wednesday, September 02, 2009, 07:30

[url=http://www.therams.co.uk/news/Davies-defensive-flashpoint-Rams-clash/article-1302576-detail/article.html#StartComments]Comment on this story

NOTTINGHAM Forest manager Billy Davies has defended himself and striker Nathan Tyson after Saturday's controversial East Midlands derby.

Players and backroom staff from the two teams clashed after striker Tyson had celebrated Forest's 3-2 win at the City Ground by waving a red corner flag in front of the 4,376 Derby County fans sitting in the Bridgford End of the stadium. The Football Association is investigating the incident.

Davies, who went on the pitch at the final whistle, applauded and punched the air before heading for the players' tunnel, said: "I have been accused of inciting opposition fans but I was merely doing what I do after every game.

"After every match I make a point of thanking the fans in every corner of the ground – it will all be there on video. I was not waving at the Derby fans, I was acknowledging the Forest fans in the upper tier – as I do every time we play.

"If there is a rule about not celebrating in a mixed area of stadiums, where there are fans from both clubs, we need to be told about it. There needs to be clarity."

http://iad.anm.co.uk/house/1x1

Davies added: "We will certainly defend Nathan in any way we can. I understand that the Derby players and staff were frustrated at the result.

"But if not for their intervention, when they confronted Nathan and physically pushed him towards the Derby fans, there would not have been a flash point.

"He would have continued on his way towards the Brian Clough Stand."

Doesnt he talk crap?

I now understand why Preston fans hate this man as much as they do.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's just making me even more angry now all this bull about ah he was celebrating to the fans above the derby fans b0llocks was he, he was just being an utter fcukwit i'd love to se him on a nightout would like to how cocky he is then when he's eating shoe leather :mad:

Originally posted by derbydan;31168

it's just making me even more angry now all this bull about ah he was celebrating to the fans above the derby fans b0llocks was he, he was just being an utter fcukwit i'd love to se him on a nightout would like to how cocky he is then when he's eating shoe leather :mad:

derby dan : the rock hard keyboard man !!!

Originally posted by derbydan;31181

haha i don't usually post things like that but it really has annoyed me i don't need to say that i'm some hard man on an oline forum to big myself up thats what the nep and det are for

<span style="font-family:Verdana"> </span>

<span style="font-family:Verdana">To be honest Tyson was out of order</span>

<span style="font-family:Verdana">Billy Davies is a nightmare; I have no time for him</span>

<span style="font-family:Verdana">However what I would say is this and I believe it to be true</span>

<span style="font-family:Verdana">if Tyson had be left to go on his merry way, 3-4 seconds later he would have been turning towards The Brian Clough stand, I don’t think any derby fans would have come on the pitch, he was already about 2-3rds across before he was</span>

<span style="font-family:Verdana">a, attacked by derby players ( if your a forest fan)</span>

<span style="font-family:Verdana">b, asked kindly to stop running in front of the derby fans with a forest flag ( if your a derby fan )</span>

<span style="font-family:Verdana">and there would have been 90% less media coverage of the event.</span>

<span style="font-family:Verdana">Exactly the same as the last game, no real media coverage of Savage and his scarf, however if it would have ended in a mass brawl, different story.</span>

<span style="font-family:Verdana">I don’t blame the derby players, don’t get me wrong. I just wish for both sides that it had never escalated.</span>

I don't think Billy Davies direct actions were trying to taunt Derby fans. Though Tyson's were. More red dogs were at the opposite goal so he should have taken the flag from there. Doing it in front of the Derby fans was disrespectful and intentional. Though Billy Davies, as a manager, has the job of controlling his players and he should have had more respect for his former club to stop Tyson.

I think the only way this can be resolved is to fine Tyson individually, and then fine both clubs. Though Tyson and Davies will appeal if this decision is made. Fining only Forest (which would make sense since they were marginally worse and incited the crowd) would create more tension and angst among them. This could make the reverse fixture at Pride Park more difficult for police to control.

I think the latest thread on the DET is funny. Apparently it's a 'new slant' but he still manages to say Nathan Tyson is a c*nt.

Originally posted by mcapple;31184

<span style="font-family:Verdana">To be honest Tyson was out of order</span>

<span style="font-family:Verdana">Billy Davies is a nightmare; I have no time for him</span>

<span style="font-family:Verdana">However what I would say is this and I believe it to be true</span>

<span style="font-family:Verdana">if Tyson had be left to go on his merry way, 3-4 seconds later he would have been turning towards The Brian Clough stand, I don’t think any derby fans would have come on the pitch, he was already about 2-3rds across before he was</span>

<span style="font-family:Verdana">a, attacked by derby players ( if your a forest fan)</span>

<span style="font-family:Verdana">b, asked kindly to stop running in front of the derby fans with a forest flag ( if your a derby fan )</span>

<span style="font-family:Verdana">and there would have been 90% less media coverage of the event.</span>

<span style="font-family:Verdana">Exactly the same as the last game, no real media coverage of Savage and his scarf, however if it would have ended in a mass brawl, different story.</span>

<span style="font-family:Verdana">I don’t blame the derby players, don’t get me wrong. I just wish for both sides that it had never escalated.</span>

Leacock and Teale did not attack Tyson, they went asnd tried to stop him waving the flag. They didnt even push him. It was the 3 Forest players...including Blackstock, charging into Teale, Leacock and Tyson form behind which pushed them towards the Derby fans and triggered the full on bench clearance from both clubs. No other Derby players were even moving towards Tyson until those three reds waded in. Watch the videos again with unbiased eyes.

Archived