Forest get Freedman QPR get Sherwood

CheltenhamRam

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UNDER-FIRE Bolton Wanderers boss Dougie Freedman has branded Derby County the best side in the Championship.

The Rams beat Bolton 2-0 at the Macron Stadium on Saturday, thanks to a Chris Martin brace, to climb into the top six.

The result leaves the Trotters in the relegation zone with only five points from their nine league games so far this season.

During the match, some home fans called for the manager's head and Freedman admitted he got his tactics "horribly wrong"

•  

"I have to take full responsibility," he said.

"I tried to out-football Derby and I got it horribly wrong.

"But you cannot legislate for us playing football suicide.

"Derby are the best side in the league and, if I was a betting man, I would put my money on them winning the league."

The match was held up on two occasions by disgruntled Bolton fans invading the pitch.

Freedman said he was "disappointed" by this but added: "I fully understand they have opinions and have frustrations.

"This job is proving more difficult than I ever thought it would be but I am not hiding away from it and I will make the tough decisions."

Freedman vowed to fight on and said: "I am very proud of being the manager of this wonderful football club.

"I will take full responsibility for the results and I got it wrong, so I have to look at my performance."

In the same way we enjoy RAMming it down those people that laughed at McClaren coming here, I won't laugh at these appointments.

I remember people here laughing at Mark Hughes going to Stoke, in fact, I did bookmark the thread to remind some people just how convinced they were Stoke would get relegated under him.

Previous (form/record) is irrelevant to future performance. ALL a manager's CV can do is get the job, not perform in it.

Archived