Earnshaw to Newcastle !!!!

Rodders

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newcastle are lining up a shock £3 million move for Nottingham Forest striker Robert Earnshaw.

United want Earnshaw, 28, to power up their promotion charge in the Championship and are ready to test Forest’s resolve with a bid.

Former City Ground boss Colin Calderwood - who now works on the Toon coaching staff - was sent to watch Earnshaw in Forest's defeat to Watford last Tuesday.

And Newcastle are set to make an offer for the Wales international after raising cash with the sales of Damien Duff, Sebastien Bassong and Habib Beye.

[url=http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-target-Nottingham-Forest-forward-Robert-Earnshaw-article127879.html]http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newca...icle127879.html

Originally posted by derbydan;29583

Why he's crap and who can we give most of the abuse to if he goes before sat?

Our Boss??

oh and i agree he is crap... totally unable to finish! he was good last season but Gazza was good once, wouldn't want him in my squad!

Strikers live off confidence, had he been in the starting line up from game 1 he would of stuck a few in and you may have 3 points on the board by now. When the manager goes and buys another 2 strikers it's going to knock his confidence after what happened at Derby.

He was crap at Derby as he didn't fit in with the long ball tactics so kept our bench warm, doesnt alter the fact he's a quality Championship striker and I'm glad he's out of favour at the City Ground ahead of our game against you.

I'd have him back at Derby with the football we are playing now.

Originally posted by David;29606

Strikers live off confidence, had he been in the starting line up from game 1 he would of stuck a few in and you may have 3 points on the board by now. When the manager goes and buys another 2 strikers it's going to knock his confidence after what happened at Derby.

He was crap at Derby as he didn't fit in with the long ball tactics so kept our bench warm, doesnt alter the fact he's a quality Championship striker and I'm glad he's out of favour at the City Ground ahead of our game against you.

I'd have him back at Derby with the football we are playing now.

I'd have him back if he wasn't so lazy and performed consistently every game.

With Earnshaw he could be stood around with his hands in his pockets for the whole game, all it takes is one ball played through and he'd stick it in the top corner.

They say Berbatov is lazy as well but give him half a chance on goal and he'l stick it away.

If Earnshaw gets left on the bench, he will start talking to the press that he wants to move, clubs will know you are desperate to get rid as he's damaging team morale and you'l be lucky to recoup the money you paid for him. He'l then go on to Newcastle and finish top goalscorer.

sounds like a story i have heard before... have the clubs names been changed to protect the innocent? or is history repeating itself?

We shall see anyway... Newcastle have only made an offer, it hasn't been invited, and hasn't been accepted...

Not the first Rumour about one of our strikers leaving, won't be the last...

Nottingham Forest striker Robert Earnshaw looks set to exit the City Ground, as the club accept an offer believed to be from Middlesbrough for £4.5m.

Earnshaw signed for the Reds' from Derby last season in a £2.65m deal. He finished the season as the clubs top scorer with 17 goals, despite an injury plagued campaign.

The information we have, is that he isn't entirely happy with the move, as he is settled in Nottingham. Middlesbrough are after a swift return to the Premiership and are keen to get their hands on the best striker in the Championship. Forest though, will spend the money on a replacement, despite having 5 other strikers to pick from.

Boro are flush with cash at the moment, following the £5m sale of Huth to Stoke and will be even better off when the sale of Tuncay for a similar fee to the Potters is completed.

[url=http://www.forest.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=167999]http://www.forest.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=167999

Archived