How we finish

Jayweb95

I actually think second is the better position. 

We all know the Playoffs means you start way behind everyone else, and that is a major problem in strengthening the side for the PL. 

Leicester City are bottom, Burnley are 17th. 

Cardiff finished bottom, Hull stayed up. 

Reading got relegated, Southampton stayed up. 

I think that finishing 1st makes managers think they may survive with the squad they have, with few big additions. Finishing 2nd gets you promoted but makes managers think that bigger changes are needed to survive. 

That's my take on it anyway. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no better way to get promoted than the play offs.... my perefernece would be the title, followed by the play offs then 2nd place... (if we are guarnteed promotion of course)

Nothing better than being a solid month behind everyone else in terms of preparation for the next season?

Nooooooooo thank you...

I'd be a bit gutted to finish behind anyone who's currently in the mix for promotion tbh... Would be very happy to go up, but deliriously happy to finish top... Just going into this season I would have been okay finishing 2nd to the likes of Cardiff or Norwich... Feel like Ipswich and Bournemouth have come from nowhere and having been "The best of the rest" last season we should be finishing ahead of anyone who was below us last season... anything else feels like a backwards step somehow...

Archived