Jake Livermore

Day

For those who went today how do you think Livermore got on in his debut? sounded like he got stuck in and put himself abit and did a decent job out there today. BUT it did come across that he could be abit of a dirty bar steward that will pick up a few cards throughout the season, so despite his performance today and Green being used "sparingly" it would be a bad idea to stick a young hyped up kid that likes to get his foot stuck in against Forest, last thing we need is to be down to 10 men against the Red Dogs.

Am I talking *****?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought he put in a solid performance in the middle today. He can play the ball neatly, moves well and was unlucky not to get a goal when his shot was blocked in the first half. I didn't think he looked particularly dirty but a bit of grit in midfield isn't a bad thing.

Any other game and I'd keep him in the starting line up, we need abit of grit in the centre of the park as Savage is abit of a poof if we're honest, not the Savage of old. I just fear sticking a 19 hyped up kid in a intense game which all the players will be fired up for, last thing we need is to go down to 10 men.

Hahum ! Yes David you are - Savage was man of the match David :mad: how very dare you ! Livermore did ok today - Sav did great today - put some great tackles in - see the difference - he is young and inexperienced and needs someone like Sav to guide him, and calm him down - Tried to find his 'card' record but doesnt seem to have one.

Despite Savage being made man of the match, the feeling was Buxton should of been given it. I'm not knocking Savage today, what I'm saying is Savage of 5 years ago had a reputation and any meaty tackle and he'd be off, he's managed to shake that off now, he's more of a pussy cat nowdays.

Livermore is young and inexperienced, he could be what we need against Forest but I don't want to see us at a disadvantage over a stupid rash tackle in the heat of the moment.

JAKE Livermore says he would be happy to extend his stay at Derby County up to Christmas and possibly into the New Year.

The 19-year-old midfielder made his debut for the Rams in Saturday's 2-1 win over Plymouth Argyle at Pride Park Stadium.

Livermore has joined Derby from Tottenham Hotspur, initially on a month's loan, but Nigel Clough is keen to keep hold of the teenager for longer.

"I think both clubs are in talks at the minute and we are looking to extend it until at least Christmas – and then take it from there," said Livermore.

"I'm personally happy with that. I just want to get some games under my belt.

http://iad.anm.co.uk/house/1x1

"It's a great club here, with a great fanbase and a great manager.

"The players are a great set of lads and I've settled in well.

"I just want to keep myself on the pitch and do well for the team."

Livermore was made to wait to make his Derby bow as he was serving a suspension carried over from last season.

"It's been a long time coming but it was good to get off the mark," he said.

"It was my first competitive game for a while and it's nice to get the first one out the way.

"Hopefully, I can get myself fit and bring something to the team."

Livermore started against Plymouth and played 85 minutes before he was replaced by Paul Green.

Derby fell behind to Alan Judge's 17th-minute penalty but drew level before half-time through Jake Buxton's first goal for the club and Miles Addison's 90th-minute header snatched victory for the home side.

"It was a great result. We left it late but better late than never," said Livermore.

"We looked a bit nervy at times out there but the main thing is that we got the three points, which is all that matters."

Livermore played in a three-man central midfield along with Robbie Savage and Stephen Pearson – and is hoping to provide valuable support in attack.

"I haven't played in that formation for a few years but I felt I grew into the game and we gelled together better as the match went on," he added.

"I'm looking forward to getting forward and getting some shot in on goal. And I'll obviously get back to support the other midfielders as well.

"I've been brought in to give something to the attack, as well as my all-round game, and, hopefully I can get off the mark goal-wise in the next few games."

Livermore has been impressed with what he has seen from his new team-mates so far.

"Like at Tottenham, there is a lot of quality at this club and a lot of potential," he said. "Hopefully, we can push for a promotion slot this season and, hopefully, I can help to

the lad played really well today got into space and played some really good balls on the attack i'd be more than happy to see him sign for longer great young prospect i don't see where the dirty comment comes from though he's a tough midfielder but i wouldn't say he was dirty

it's good that we have finally signed a decent player, I wasnt at plymouth because i was at my uncles and stuff in norwich but it sounds like he played well but made a big mistake, I personally wouldnt play him against forest it is too much of a gamble

Archived