Davenport suffers 'serious' injuries after being stabbed

Day

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway... aside from Boycie's over active imagination and clear addiction to gangster movies...

Absolutely disgusting... and if it is a Derby fan, it's truly pathetic...

I have to be honest though i can't see it being a football fan, unless its a truly mentally disturbed one (your right... good point... maybe it is one of yours).

Whoever did it, and whatever he thinks are his justifications i hope he gets the keys thrown away, and for the benefit of Boycie, i hope his 'Family' disown him and he goes sleeping with the fishes

Seems a strange one IF it has got anything to do with a Derby fan, all we know is the arrest was made in Derby that could me anything at this stage and I hope to god its just a coincidence otherwise it's truly sickening.

Update on the story on Sky News, doesn't sound like it has anything to do with football more a family feud that went to far. Not gangster storyline Boycie was predicting.

---------------------------------------------------

The 25 year old was arrested in Derby - a second man is also in custody.

Calum Davenport, 26, and his mother were attacked at the family home in Bedford.

They are both in a "serious condition" in hospital.

Bedfordshire Police said the man was due to be taken to Bedford for questioning.

A spokeswoman for the force said a 19-year-old man arrested earlier remains in custody in the town's Greyfriars police station.

West Ham released a statement saying: "The thoughts of everyone at West Ham are with Calum and his family and, due to the ongoing police investigation, no further information will be released at this time."

Neighbours said they heard shouting in the street on the night of the stabbing. One neighbour, who did not wish to be named, said she was woken up at 5am by shouting and arguing outside the house.

She said: "There was a lot of shouting going on. I heard a bloke say, 'She is the mother of my child'.

"There was screaming going on from a woman. She said 'There's blood everywhere'."

The neighbour said she then heard a man's voice saying he had called an ambulance.

She could hear a small group of people, which she thought was two men and a woman aged approximately in her late 20s, the woman said.

Davenport is former England Under-21 international and joined the Hammers in the summer for £3m.

[url=http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Two-Men-Arrested-Made-After-West-Ham-Footballer-Calum-Davenport-And-His-Mum-Stabbed-In-Bedford/Article/200908415367105?lpos=UK_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_2&lid=ARTICLE_15367105_Two_Men_Arrested_Made_After_West_Ham_Footballer_Calum_Davenport_And_His_Mum_Stabbed_In_Bedford]http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/T...bbed_In_Bedford

A 25-year-old man has been charged over a knife attack on West Ham footballer Calum Davenport, police have said.

Worrell Whitehurst has been charged with grievous bodily harm after the 26-year-old player was stabbed in Bedford on Saturday.

Bedfordshire Police said Whitehurst, of Finsley Walk, Derby, is also charged with causing actual bodily harm to Davenport's 49-year-old mother.

He was also caught driving whilst disqualified and in possession of a blade.

He will appear at Bedford Magistrates' Court later today.

A 19-year-old man arrested shortly after the incident has been released on police bail pending further inquiries.

Davenport had emergency surgery at Bedford Hospital for stab wounds to both legs after an incident at his mother's home in Springfield Avenue, Bedford, at 5am on Saturday.

The former England Under-21 international remains in a serious but stable condition.

Police said his mother is "recovering well".

Davenport cost West Ham £3m when he joined them from Tottenham during the summer of 2007.

He did not figure in the east London club's first game of this season at Wolves and has recently been linked with a move.

Bedford-born Davenport spent a spell on loan at Premier League rivals Sunderland last season and has also been loaned out to Watford.

The centre-back started his career at Coventry and has also played on loan at Southampton and Norwich.

[url=http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Calum-Davenport-Man-Charged-With-Attack-On-West-Ham-Footballer-At-Family-Home-In-Bedford/Article/200908415367525?lpos=UK_News_News_Your_Way_Region_8&lid=NewsYourWay_ARTICLE_15367525_Calum_Davenport%3A_Man_Charged_With_Attack_On_West_Ham_Footballer_At_Family_Home_In_Bedford]http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/C...Home_In_Bedford

Archived