Sol Campbell in talks with Notts County

Day

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notts County FC announces that it has signed Sol Campbell.

Commenting on the move, Sol Campbell said: "I am delighted to sign with Notts County today and I am genuinely excited by what the club is trying to achieve. I feel I still have a lot to offer as a footballer and hope to repay the confidence that Notts County has shown in me.

"The hard work starts now but I am confident that something special is being created at the club which will yield a club and a team able to match the ambitions of the new owners, management and proud fans."

Ian McParland, Manager of Notts County, said: "Sol's record speaks for itself and he's achieved just about everything in the game. He is a great player and a great organiser, and his experience will be invaluable to our push for promotion this season.

"We are very happy that he has taken on the challenge and we are looking forward to getting him settled into the team and seeing him pull on a Notts County shirt as soon as possible."

There is a wage cap in League 2, something like the wage budget must be below a percentage of revenue if that makes sense, it's to early and my grammer aint the best even when I'm fully awake so if you don't understand it, stick it up yer trumpet.

Originally posted by David;29934

There is a wage cap in League 2, something like the wage budget must be below a percentage of revenue if that makes sense, it's to early and my grammer aint the best even when I'm fully awake so if you don't understand it, stick it up yer trumpet.

wage bill aint alowed to be more than 60% of ya turnover

Originally posted by JoeMadRam;29601

Well he's from Long Eaton. A town that can't decide if it wants to be part of Derby or a part of Nottingham.

last 10 years i lived in breaston, de72 now thats derby even though its connected to the same sewer pipe that runs thru moth eaton!

Archived