Derby County v Rangers

mozza

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thougts from a Rangers supporting mate who went to the game:

There was a black guy in your squad (not sure of his name) think he was number 7 and playing right midfield, he stood out. I'm sure he set up the 2nd goal. It was great chip back. Chris Martin plays as a proper number 9, his finishing is really good. Also, where was George Thorne? One of my mates said that he has injured his cruciate ligaments? That's a massive blow. From what I've seen of him, he looked amazing last year.

What do you think of Johnny Russell? He's a massive Celtic fan, which really puts me off him, but I think he's a quality player. I'm really suprised that Celtic allowed him out of Scotland, they should have at least tried to snap him up. 750k is a bargain for a player of his quality. Especially when you see guys like Snodgrass and Ross McCormack going for multi-million pounds. I'd honestly rather have Russell than any of they 2.

We played Hibs last night, Scott Allan who Derby had on trial during the summer came on as a sub for them. He was a big prospect when he left for WBA in 2011. He was on loan at Portsmouth for a while over last season or two?? Do you know what happened with him at Derby? I've heard rumours that he has a bad attitude, and also rumours of failed drug tests. Either way going from a trial at Derby to signing for Hibs is a fall from grace. I wanted us to take a chance on Allan, but don't think McCoist fancied the baggage he is rumoured to be carrying.

Archived