Algeria Airlines flight missing over Sahara

ladyram

Bloody hell. An Air Algerie passenger plane with over 100 passengers on board has gone missing over Africa. It's just dropped off radar.

Few explanations

It's crashed

Somebody's turned the transponder off

Or faulty equipment but this isn't very likely though.

Summats up.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloody hell. An Air Algerie passenger plane with over 100 passengers on board has gone missing over Africa. It's just dropped off radar.

Few explanations

It's crashed

Somebody's turned the transponder off

Or faulty equipment but this isn't very likely though.

Summats up.

Time for Fox Mulder and Dana Scully to be called in ?.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Albert Einstein

Perhaps in the long term mankind would benefit if we were blasted back to the Stone Age - assuming, of course, that we remembered why.

Pilot asked control tower if he could change course due to bad weather. Dunna fret yet, no confirmation that it's crashed.

Another MD-80 too. If memory serves me right, they don't have a great safety record.

Devastating to hear that another tragedy has followed Air Malaysia's so soon.

Our thoughts should be with their families now.

Edit: Seems there's nothing particular about MD-80 planes (this one was an MD-83), just heard about a few accidents recently because there are a lot of them still in the air.

Another MD-80 too. If memory serves me right, they don't have a great safety record.

Devastating to hear that another tragedy has followed Air Malaysia's so soon.

Our thoughts should be with their families now.

Edit: Seems there's nothing particular about MD-80 planes (this one was an MD-83), just heard about a few accidents recently because there are a lot of them still in the air.

Apparently this particular one was the actual aircraft Real Madrid used for a couple of years.

Archived