The Four Year Plan

eustonstation

I was searching around Netflix for something to watch tonight and came across "The Four Year Plan". As much as it pained me to watch QPR winning anything, it's a fascinating behind the scenes look at the Flavio Briatore/Bernie Ecclestone reign. 

The scene when management is looking at ways to cut down costs, including cutting down on flowers in private boxes, is an amazing insight into the razor-thin finances that clubs (especially in the Championship) operate on. Even when they're owned by billionaires. And the micromanagement of Briatore is incredible... telling people to text the manager during a match if he wants a player change; calling virtually every manager who works for him an "idiot". 

If you have a chance, look it up*.

*I have no financial stake in this film!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

watched it.

It did make me laugh when one of their owners was screaming for them to bring on a player and the player (forgot who it was, might of been Shuan Derry) scored a last minute winner. His reaction was very funny.

Flavio, tells Paldini to run down and tell the manager to bring on Mahon and Agyemang. Mahon scores in the last minute and they win 1-0.

Amit Bhatia comes across as a good guy (though he does shout "I'm going to sell this ******* idiot" when Martin Rowlands misses a sitter). Flavio however is just a moron. Calls every manager an idiot, even Warmock when they were top with 4 games to go.

As for Paldini, he was like Smee off Hook, nervous wreck and nearly got them in deep **** with the possible points deduction. Massive passion mind.

Really good 'film'.

Flavio, tells Paldini to run down and tell the manager to bring on Mahon and Agyemang. Mahon scores in the last minute and they win 1-0.

Amit Bhatia comes across as a good guy (though he does shout "I'm going to sell this ******* idiot" when Martin Rowlands misses a sitter). Flavio however is just a moron. Calls every manager an idiot, even Warmock when they were top with 4 games to go.

As for Paldini, he was like Smee off Hook, nervous wreck and nearly got them in deep **** with the possible points deduction. Massive passion mind.

Really good 'film'.

I agree with you about Amit Bhatia, he was the only one who came across as a semi decent bloke in the film and you felt like he had the clubs interests at heart a bit more than others.  The rest of them were clueless! It is a good film and a really interesting look behind the scenes of football club (mis)management.

Archived