whats wrong with nigel?

trigger

what on earth does nigel have in his head at present?

is it rocks or something?

a second rate keeper from burton albion?

WTF?

oohh my are we in for a good season or what/

sorry for being negative but----

lets face it he,s bought in second rate sh ite

cant wrap it up any plainer than that,

how many of you agree ?

is it just me with my finger off the pulse or what?

hardly any flair players to get the crowd jumping, maybe croft?

i hope these words come back to haunt me at the end of the season, but somehow i dont think they will.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is supposed to be 3rd choice keeper Trigger - if we get Fielding that is - but Nigel has hinted Deeney might be on the bench if we don't get him - don't know enough about him to know if he's good or not. Croft is looking good so far and so is Pringle and i'm sure Barker and Buxton will be as well - as Billy used to say 'we've got what we've got' so get on with it - i'm quiet happy with the signings - we knew we wouldn't get any big names from the start and with Green and Davies back and already scroring goals im sure we will be ok. slowly slowly catchy monkey

I dont think its possible to comment on these guys until they have played a few games at this level. Nige is definatly putting his neck on the chopping board though. Going into the forest away game we will know whether Nigel has done the right thing, 4 average teams for them to find their feet, and if they struggle against them then you'll have your answer!

Still quite a long way to go in the transfer window for us, we will be in big trouble if we lose two of commons, hulse and green who are being talked about in the media. Would be nice to get the arsenal youngster in if he's all hes cracked up to be too!

Smithy

Cloughie is lining up Frank Fielding as backup for Bywater, Deeney is coming into play in the Development team so we can loan out Atkins to get some first team action under his belt. If the Fielding deal doesnt go through in time then Deeney will start on the bench.

Our starting 11 looks strong enough to compete in this league easily, I admit I'm slightly worried about what we have beyond that. It's far to early to judge the new players coming in, Croft could turn out to be pants and Buxton and Moxey real stars of the season.

Originally posted by trigger;25118

what on earth does nigel have in his head at present?

is it rocks or something?

a second rate keeper from burton albion?

WTF?

oohh my are we in for a good season or what/

sorry for being negative but----

lets face it he,s bought in second rate sh ite

cant wrap it up any plainer than that,

how many of you agree ?

is it just me with my finger off the pulse or what?

hardly any flair players to get the crowd jumping, maybe croft?

i hope these words come back to haunt me at the end of the season, but somehow i dont think they will.

I think it's a bit early to press the panic button just yet, we need to see how we go before that.

Commons, Barnes, Porter, Hulse, Davis, croft. I would say they are our flair players, I'm happy enough without having to buy a "big time Charlie" just to make the fans happy, trigg.

Archived