Newcastle United

Day

2 weeks till the new season, no manager, owner who wants out, players want out, only 2 players have been able to leave, 0 come in, just 3 fans turned upto the new shirt launch.

Shoot me down but I have to say I'm starting to feel sorry for the fans now, we all mock other clubs when they are down but what has happened to that club is not right.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just reading about it in the paper - interview with Rob Lee saying how he speaks to Shearer every day and he's coming to the end of his tether - can't blame him either - if they don't find a buyer soon they could have a disaster of a season.

Here is what the first buyer of the kit said

Yesterday’s scene was in stark contrast to when rivals Sunderland launched their away kit earlier this month.

Thousands of fans queued to get their hands on a shirt, while big name players signed autographs and chatted to fans.

The first person bursting through the club shop doors to get his hands on it was 18-year-old Stephen Watson. Far from happy with being named as the first buyer, his thoroughly ashamed reaction is similar to that of a person queuing to snap up some fur coats, 40+ ography and incontinence pants:

<blockquote>“I don’t even like the shirt but I’m a Newcastle fan so I am still happy to buy it.

“Now I’ve actually got my hands on it thought I think I might wear a jumper on top of it.â€Â

</blockquote>Stephen Watson’s sense of self esteem will hopefully improve if more people will show up at St James’ park today, where “[url=http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1731170,00.html]Too heroes†will be signing the new shirts.

I read in a paper that they are having to reduce the price of the away kit by half already to boost sales, as it's so unpopular.

I feel sorry for Newcastle and their fans now. I really don't see them being out of the CCC for years. It could get even worse. They could sink into some huge debt and lose St. James' Park.

oh well is of no concrn to me wht happens to them, cause at the end of the day bad management is why there where they are, cause they all believed the geordie bullshiz and thiught it could never happen to a "big" team

well it did and they should live with it, and real fans would suport the club regardless of who the owner is, in my eyes there fickle glory hunters, who never had the glory and will probs go and watch a new united of the manchester based variety

I think Newcastle supporters are genuine supporters. There are a lot of them, but unlike the big four shirt wearers they know what they're talking about. It's a heartbreaking time to be a Newcastle fan and I hope none of them go to the dark side and buy Man Utd shirts.

Their demise has come from their complacency. They think they are a big club who are immune from lower league obscurity but they are not. They don't rely on managers but messiahs like Sir Bobby Robson, Kevin Keagan and Alan Shearer.

It gets worse

STEVE McMAHON today hit out at Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley after confirming the Profitable Group had ended their interest in buying the Magpies due to a lack of “communication and response†from the Toon tycoon.

The respected former Liverpool and England midfielder – who is Profitable Group’s commercial director – was spearheading the Singapore-based group’s bid, with the Far East outfit also admitting they wanted to appoint Alan Shearer as manager if they were successful.

Managing director Derek Llambias has always played down the bid from Profitable, but McMahon responded today when he told the Chronicle: “We have pulled out. How long can you keep hanging on?

“We have put a bid in (two weeks ago) and we have had no communication, no response – nothing.

“It really is poor form from Newcastle, but if that’s the way they want to run their business, good luck to them.â€Â

Reports this morning suggesting the Profitable Group had never provided proof of funds were also batted away by McMahon.

He said: “That is completely inaccurate and it’s not right.â€Â

McMahon told the Chronicle on June 17 that the group’s lawyers and attorneys had spent that week in the capital to prepare their offer before submitting it, but they had received no response.

Sounds like Ashley is being a tit, talk amoung Geordie fans is they think Ashley is saying he wants to sell but actually isnt interested in selling. He's holding out till the season starts and sell all the big name players in August before the transfer window shuts so they are forced to use the kids, then appoint a manager.

Remember this - bloody annoying thing Billy the fish - well the man who invented it is close to taking over Newcastle ! £100m buyout.

HIS name is on every Geordies’ lips as North East millionaire tycoon Barry Moat is rumoured to be the one to save Newcastle United and bring back Alan Shearer as boss.

The Chronicle revealed yesterday that the businessman is being touted as the man pulling together a consortium, which includes overseas investors, to take the reins from Mike Ashley with a £100m buyout.

It was reported that his first task would be to install Toon legend Shearer as permanent manager.

He was chairman of Big Al’s testimonial committee three years ago and it’s said the pair remained close pals.

But how much do we know of the man as reports claim that negotiations are continuing, with the process of due diligence complete?

The 43-year-old is a rich man with many regional business accruements up his sleeve. As he stands, he is a director of 13 businesses.

But it’s not the clever boardroom deals he’s done that most of us remember him for. How many of us recall Billy the Singing Fish? The fun wall plaque replica of a stuffed fish which sang various tunes won his former South Shields-based shopping-at-work firm Premier Direct Group brief national fame – even The Queen had one.

OMG! :eek: Read this.

Today, TV host Anthony McPartlin, of Co. Durham is expected to be officially named as manager of Newcastle United in a press conference scheduled at 2:30pm today. His well known co-presenter, Declan Donnelly, also of Durham is expected to be named as Assistant manager. The presenters, known to many as Ant and Dec have been well known supporters for many years. It is unknown how this decision will go down with the fans. Speaking outside St. James's Park, long time Magpie fan Barry Robinson said "I think they're the people who are gonna save us". Another fan, Sammy Lonsdale commented "Ant and Dec are the men to lift us out of the Championship and back where we belong". The pair have had a great array of prior experience, including working for SMTV Live, Saturday Night Takeaway and I'm a Celebrity: Get Me Out Of Here.

[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/newcastleunited]http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/newcastleunited

Archived