Sam Rush on SSN

Had Sky Sports News on in the background today. In between all the hype for Froch vs Groves (come on Groves!) has been several snippets of Sam Rush talking.

Basic overview:

Mac not going Southampton, or anywhere.

Hughes not being sold.

Glazers are good, as are GSE.

It's SSN so will likely be repeated several times through the evening if anyone wants to catch it.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rush thinks we can keep Hughes ?

To be honest, unless Liverpool come knocking, I don't think we'll have much of a problem holding on to him. We don't need to sell, and Will's got his heart set on playing for Liverpool at some point, I can't see him moving to someone else and possibly ruling himself out of a transfer to Liverpool in the next couple of years.

I seriously hope we have a good crack at it next year. There's no obvious Leicester next season, no one who you'd expect to be way ahead of the rest. A lot of teams will be weakened throughout the Summer - Wigan, Reading etc. Others coming down, look at the players they're signing - Cardiff, really are we that bothered that they're signing Le Fondre and Macheda? I think they're pretty gash for a automatic promotion chasing side. Then you have the likes of Forest - who've appointed Pearce and almost single-handedly ruled themselves out of challenging next year. 

If we can retain the squad from this year, and add some strength in depth in key positions, then I think we have a fantastic chance. I'm sure the owners/SR see that too. 

Archived