New Trialist

HarlowRam

[url=http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/cn_sport_camb_city/displayarticle.asp?id=434779]http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/cn_sport_c...e.asp?id=434779

:eek: It was only a year ago that I was watching this guy play for a local non league team, before he moved to Cambridge City. :eek:

However, im getting concerned that many of the players were interested in and have signed are coming from lower/non league.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by vicky-27;24282

HHHhmm he sounds like a good player - but then you read that Norwich didn't want him - or maybe they couldn't afford him ? what is he like then HarlowRam ?

Its difficult to judge a player ive only ever seen play against non-league players, but as far as the non-league players go, he was usually one of the best. Scored goals and was very quick if I remember rightly.

I don't mind us signing unknown young'uns for the development team as they will come on small fees and wages, if they flop it won't hurt us financially that much. My problem is at that age I'd expect a player to be nearing his peak and should be playing at a higher level if he's going to make it.

Derby County will monitor the progress of winger Scott Neilsen but will not follow up their interest in the Cambridge City player in the immediate future.

The 22-year-old joined up with the Rams squad yesterday and played 75 minutes in last night’s goalless draw against Torquay United at Plainmoor.

“Scott did OK and we will probably monitor his progress,” said Rams manager Nigel Clough.

"He certainly did not look out of place coming into the team and in training.

"I think at the moment if we are going to get anybody, ideally we want them to be challenging for a place in the first-team squad.

“We have got the development squad and we could still do with adding one or two to that but Cambridge will want a fee for him and we are not in the market for that at the moment.”

Neilson (pictured) joined Cambridge from Ryman North League One side Ware Town, where he scored 23 times in 40 appearances the season before last.

His 13 goals last season helped Cambridge finish fourth in the Southern League.

Norwich City are also showing interest in the 22-year-old who turned out for the Canaries’ under-11 team 11 years ago.

He has been on trial at Norwich this summer and scored in their 7-2 victory at Dartford.

[url=http://therams.co.uk/stories/no-deal-but-clough-will-monitor-progress-of-winger-neilsen]http://therams.co.uk/stories/no-deal-but-c...-winger-neilsen

-----------------------------------------------------

One thing you can say about Cloughie he makes his mind up quickly about a player, if your coming on trial you better impress as you won't get a second chance if not.

I knew he wouldn't come - to good looking for a Derby player

Cloughie said he didn't look out of place tho - and he also said Fotheringham was one of the best trialists he had ever seen and he let him go as well, thought he might of given him a bit longer to impress, he also said Cambridge want a fee for him - surely they must of known that ?

• 5 weeks later...

For chuffs sake Cloughie - sign him up ! ggggrrrrr !!

DERBY County will monitor the progress of winger Scott Neilsen but will not follow up their interest in the Cambridge City player in the immediate future.

The 22-year-old joined up with the Rams squad yesterday and played 75 minutes in last night's goalless draw against Torquay United at Plainmoor.

"Scott did OK and we will probably monitor his progress," said Rams manager Nigel Clough.

"He certainly did not look out of place coming into the team and in training.

"I think at the moment if we are going to get anybody, ideally we want them to be challenging for a place in the first-team squad.

http://iad.anm.co.uk/house/1x1

"We have got the development squad and we could still do with adding one or two to that but Cambridge will want a fee for him and we are not in the market for that at the moment."

Neilson (pictured) joined Cambridge from Ryman North League One side Ware Town, where he scored 23 times in 40 appearances the season before last.

His 13 goals last season helped Cambridge finish fourth in the Southern League

Poor lad ! it's about the 3rd time we've had a look at him and every time Cloughie says he looks good and now Carrolls gone there must be some money available.

He might aswell progress in his own league and then we can keep tabs on him without paying a fee, he will have got the bug to come to our great club, so will try his hardest you would have thought.

Maybe next season we will look again and make a "yay or nay"

I canna see it on the homepage, but reading this

"The 22-year-old joined up with the Rams squad yesterday and played 75 minutes in last night's goalless draw against Torquay United at Plainmoor."

Since when did we start playing friendlies on a Sunday night after a game on Saturday??

Also why should we chuffing sign him, abit of eye candy for you?

Archived