Sitting here....

Mafiabob

On my last night in Kalamaki, Zante. (Drunk Corner)

I just wanted to swing back to the first game of the season. I was watching the Blackburn game in a boozer on holiday in Whitby.

After that game I dreaded another season of finishing midtable. Even though I thought cloughy had the squad to get us there it felt that even from that early on that we wasn't to be consistent enough to make a challenge.

Looking back to then and now, it feels like a breath of fresh air has worked it's way through the club from top to bottom. I no longer fear is going a goal down anymore, I'm enjoying the games more than ever, which is a given to be fair! And most of all I'm absolutely proud of the football team I support and love.

It's amazing what a few tweaks here and there help with the squad and behind the scenes.

Whatever happens on Saturday. I'm proud of the way we have gone on this season. I will be elated if we go up, but not disappointed if we don't. Just a wry smile of what may have been.

Oh, and it's nice to see on every chalkboard at all the sports bars over here have the name DERBY COUNTY under there live coverage offerings this weekend.

See you there Saturday lads and lasses.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe you're in Kalamaki and not Laganas. Home of the sluts.

I've been twice. :D

I prefer Calamari to Lasagne too.

Oh, wait….

Try the kleftico :D

Gryos all day long! Mind you have some cracking Greek dishes and pints at 2e to 2e 50c!

Tell the truth, you're in north London..

just making my way back in the rain from East Midlands, carrying a little excess baggage and whole lot of sunburn

Archived