shouldn't laugh but.......hahahahhaha

Day

David Beckham confronted fans who had targeted him for abuse during his first home game for Los Angeles Galaxy since his loan spell in Italy.

The former England captain gestured to supporters who had singled him out and made a move to jump over the advertising hoardings towards the crowd.

Security staff held back the former Manchester United and Real Madrid midfielder, and were also in action to restrain one fan who left his seat and rushed towards Beckham.

The 34-year-old received a less than friendly welcome at the Home Depot Center after returning from a five-month loan spell at AC Milan - the team the Galaxy faced.

A section of the crowd booed Beckham every time he touched the ball and held aloft signs reading "Go Home Fraud" and "23: Repent" in reference to his shirt number.

Another read: "Hey 23, Here Before You, Here after You, Here Despite You, Make Us Forgive You" while one stated: "Is evil something u are...or something u do?"

The 34-year-old told Sky Sports News: "Just towards the end of the first half there was a corner and a few of the guys were shouting some really not nice things.

"I just walked over at the whistle and said 'calm down' and tried to call one of them to shake my hand, he just started swearing...

"I tried to shake one of the guy's hands but he didn't want any of it. That's the way it is."

Earlier this year, Beckham indicated he wanted to stay in Milan rather than return to America, stating that the standard of play was far higher in Italy.

The apparent snub has angered some Galaxy fans, notably a hardcore that sit in the so-called LA Riot Squad section.

On the pitch Beckham had a hand in both Galaxy goals, scored by Alan Gordon and Bryan Jordan, as they twice came from behind to draw 2-2 with the Rossoneri. Thiago Silva and Filippo Inzaghi scored for Milan.

The former Manchester United star was substituted after 75 minutes and walked off to a mixture of cheers and boos.

On the boos, Beckham said: "It's to be expected. Sometimes it goes beyond it. The majority of the fans have been great."

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He should never have gone there if he wanted to keep playing for England, it's his own fault. Wouldn't be surprised to see him hand in a transfer request now and follow Ancelotti to Chelsea.

Originally posted by dcfc_kev;26240

Yeah they are a bunch of Chavy Scum, they should all be shot!

Seen them giving it the big one at a few away games and then when it comes down to it they dont want to no!!

Yeah thats what i heard.

When it comes down it they mostly give it the big one.

Not like it used to be, mostly nowadays there all front and no bottle.

Originally posted by vicky-27;26254

I heard there is a group that don't even go to the game - they just wait outside the turnstiles at the end of the game looking for trouble.

Most dont even like football.....

let alone Derby.

Then again most of them dont know what football is i bet, and cant afford to go to a match.

Archived