Derby Squad

Mark_DCFC

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd keep Couts too...whether he'd be as good as he was I guess only Mclaren will know.

Get rid of Sammon, Bailey etc that dont really get a look in.

We have a good starting 11 plus couts, hughes and Dawkins. We need a prem class RB (Wisdom?), CD (would drop either Keogh or Bucko to bench), DM (Thorne?) as a minimum. Probably need a really pacey prem class winger too. And quite a few backup/ rotation options as the ones we have now, especially in defence, don't cut it. Need another striker, someone to bring something different to change a game (aerial threat?). Get someone in who can take a set peice ( a la Bavies), must have 3/4 different corner and freekick takers at Brighton

If we go up its the defence that worries me...I have visions of them being torn apart in the prem (I Know we did well against Chelsea but we focused so much on defending as a team that we offered nothing upfront and still lost by 2 goals). We need a defence that can hold its own so as to give the likes of Bryson, Martin etc the ability to attack rather than them having to help the defence out and not having the confidence to go forward. I don't think wholesale changers are needed at the back, Foz is brilliant as is Wisdom. But the pace of Bucko and Keogh worries me.

We are in a much better state than we was last time we went up...just gotta at that extra layer of real class!!

Sammon will be gone whether we go up or not. As will Bailey, Legz etc.

Gutted about Bailey as I actually really like him as a player.

It's a tough one because without knowing budgets, it's hard to debate. We might get ten million and have to pull off some wonder unknown signings.

Or we might get major investment.

Archived