ODI Scotland v England, Mannofield, Aberdeen, 9th May 2014

Inverurie Ram

A couple of the Aberdeenshire Rams are going to this. Looking forward to a day of cricket, a load of ale, a sing song and a curry on the way home.

Watch Scotland v England Cricket ODI on Sky Sports 2 HD on May 9 Starts 10:30am.

http://m.skysports.com/article/sports/9292326

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/cricket/scotland-v-england-peter-moores-rings-changes-1-3396311

England selectors today announced a 13-man squad for the Royal London One-Day International against Scotland on Friday 9 May in Aberdeen.

Nottinghamshire left-arm pace bowler Harry Gurney, who toured the West Indies with England last winter, is the only uncapped player included in the squad. Lancashire pace bowler James Anderson returns to the one-day side for the first time since June 2013 and Yorkshire batsman Joe Root is included following his recovery from a broken thumb which occurred during the one-day series win against West Indies in March.

National selector, James Whitaker, said: “The start of the international summer is always incredibly exciting for everyone involved in England cricket and it has been pleasing to see so many players in good form early on this season.

Harry Gurney, left, who toured the West Indies with the likes of Eoin Morgan, right, has been named in the squad to face Scotland on May 9.

“On behalf of the selectors I would like to wish new coach Peter Moores, Alastair Cook and the whole squad all the best for a good performance against Scotland in what we know will be a very competitive fixture.”

The squad will meet for two days of ODI preparation in Loughborough prior to flying to Scotland and will therefore be unavailable for the round of LV= County Championship fixtures commencing Sunday 4 May.

England 13 man squad

Alastair Cook (Essex) (Captain)

Moeen Ali (Worcestershire)

James Anderson (Lancashire)

Gary Ballance (Yorkshire)

Ian Bell (Warwickshire)

Ravi Bopara (Essex)

Jos Buttler (Lancashire)

Harry Gurney (Nottinghamshire)

Chris Jordan (Sussex)

Eoin Morgan (Middlesex)

Joe Root (Yorkshire)

James Tredwell (Kent)

Chris Woakes (Warwickshire)

http://www.cricketscotland.com/

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great day out, started in the Wetherspoons for breakfast at 9am spoke to a couple of lads from Essex. Saw the same lads at the ground at 10:30 in the pouring rain and knew cricket wouldn't start for ages, so showed the Essex boys the way to the nearest pub, The Palm Coat Hotel and stayed there for the 4 hours being informed of the latest starting time on Sky Sports etc. Whilst in the pub a bloke asked if we'd been to the game on Thu night, as we had our Derby shirts on, we said no, but he said he had and sounded a bit glum, Brighton fan, who'd come up for the cricket with his mate, and it's lashing down and the first thing he sees when he walks into the pub is 2 lads sat on the bar stools with Rams shirts on, priceless. Beside us also were lads from Hull, so enjoyed some chat with them. Bloke from Wolves also. Mates turned up and we went to the cricket at 3pm well oiled, and I bumped into loads of people. Older brother had his Chelsea flag showing in the ground alongside 3 West Ham flags etc. We sat in front of a load of lads from Inverurie CC giving my brother some stick for wearing his England Gazza shirt. Australian lad in front of us was giving plenty of banter, and his Aberdeen mate was enjoying all the banter and singing and was getting up, giving it and we were all getting further showered from his flying ale. Game eventually started at 4pm, started as 23 overs each, but after another massive lash down became 20 overs each, and more singing and some great shots and catches were enjoyed by the crowd, with a load more banter. I thought about knocking up an Aberdeenshire Rams flag earlier on in the week, but I'd left it too late, and received little feedback when I e-mailed a few company's, I might get barmyarmy flags to knock one up down the line. All good stuff. Thursday ale, Friday all sorts of ale, Saturday Belgium beer, Sunday ale, happy Monday hopefully.

Archived