Derby set to end Davis contract

Day

Derby County are to enter negotiations with Claude Davis in an effort to terminate the defender's contract, BBC Radio Derby understands.

Discussions will take place when the Jamaican international returns to Pride Park following the Gold Cup in the USA.

The 30-year-old, who has two years left on his deal at Derby, was signed by former Rams manager Billy Davies for £3m from Sheffield United in July 2007.

Davis spent the final three months of last season on loan at Crystal Palace.

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/8149311.stm]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...nty/8149311.stm

-------------------------------------------------------

Wouldn't it be nice if he held his hands up and said look guys I was crap I know, it was Billy's fault for signing me for £3m when I was only worth 30p. To say sorry and show there is no hard feelings I will rip up my contract and not ask for a penny from you guys.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

never liked claude davis, ever since bolton away in the premier league when he came off the pitch b......ing his team mates - i always think that kind of thing should be done in private not coming off the pitch away from home - good riddance to him is what i say - not a team player

Originally posted by MattyTheRam;23568

Not to mention hes got a head like a 50p and cant defend for his life!

wont be missed.

That's his pricetag.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if Derby pay £1,000,000 not to have him in the squad.

Originally posted by JoeMadRam;23571

That's his pricetag.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if Derby pay £1,000,000 not to have him in the squad.

Thats cheaper than his pay-off price Joe....

Why its not a cheapun, paying about 1.1-1.2m to get rid of him! an off the wage bill lol

From forest-mad - oooh i do hope this is true

#1 18 Jul 2009 11:39Signed: October 2005Claude Davis ...Hi guys only post every so often, played golf again with the financial advisor of 4 current england internationals, rumour is if we get fox (we have upped the bid to 2.65 million with add ons) that is all we have available and i hate to say it because i think it will be an awful signing but claude davis will come in on a free next week, however this will be as back up only, with morgan and wilson still the preffered pairing. Personally i would prefer us to pay that kind of money for a centre back rather than a left back, but hey its Billy's team so i for one will give him the benefit of the doubt, although Claude Davis is very poor.

Ps Blackstock not coming, wants far too much money.

Originally posted by vicky-27;23881

From forest-mad - oooh i do hope this is true

#1 18 Jul 2009 11:39Signed: October 2005Claude Davis ...Hi guys only post every so often, played golf again with the financial advisor of 4 current england internationals, rumour is if we get fox (we have upped the bid to 2.65 million with add ons) that is all we have available and i hate to say it because i think it will be an awful signing but claude davis will come in on a free next week, however this will be as back up only, with morgan and wilson still the preffered pairing. Personally i would prefer us to pay that kind of money for a centre back rather than a left back, but hey its Billy's team so i for one will give him the benefit of the doubt, although Claude Davis is very poor.

Ps Blackstock not coming, wants far too much money.

Rumours but its better than nothing!

• 2 weeks later...

We've agreed a deal for Davis to come here.

What I like about Claude is that he knows how to look after himself - he is physically very strong."

Crystal Palace boss Neil Warnock was talking to the Advertiser.

The Rams have been trying to agree a settlement with Davis to allow the defender to leave Price Park two-years before the end of his contract, but now, subject to a work permit being granted the Jamaican will complete a move to Crystal Palace shortly.

Everyone cross your fingers

Archived