Nyatanga to Bristol City

Day

DERBY County defender Lewin Nyatanga could be on his way to Bristol City.

The Derby Telegraph understands the 20-year-old Welsh international will today discuss a possible permanent move to the Ashton Gate club for a fee believed to be around £500,000.

The fee for the Welsh international is believed to be around £500,000.

Nyatanga trained with the Rams yesterday and played 45 minutes at left-back in Saturday’s victory over Burton Albion at the Pirelli Stadium.

But manager Nigel Clough is shuffling his options at the back following last season’s defensive woes and Nyatanga’s opportunities at centre-back would probably have been limited in the forthcoming Championship campaign.

Central defenders Dean Leacock and Miles Addison are returning to full fitness after injuries, and both had run-outs against Burton.

Clough is also looking to bring in Blackpool’s Shaun Barker and is keen on Patrick Kisnorbo, the former Leicester City defender who is on trial with the Rams and caught the eye against Burton.

Jake Buxton, a summer signing from Burton, also featured against his old club and increases the competition at the heart of the defence.

Nyatanga started 14 of the last 15 games under Clough last season and the Burton-born player has made 76 appearances in total for the Rams, including 69 starts.

He has had three loan spells at Barnsley in recent seasons and one with Sunderland.

Bristol City finished 10th in the Championship last season and were beaten play-off finalists in 2008.

Another of Derby’s centre-backs, Claude Davis, is on his way back from the Gold Cup in the United States.

Jamaica failed to make the quarter-finals after winning one and losing two of their three group games.

Their record was not quite good enough to make them one of the two best third-placed teams.

Davis played in the two defeats by Canada and Costa Rica, and missed the victory over El Salvador because of an ankle injury.

Panama and Haiti progressed as the two best third-placed teams and joined the United States, Canada, Honduras, Mexico, Costa Rica and Guadeloupe.

Davis looks set to leave Derby this summer with Crystal Palace interested in signing him.

The 30-year-old has two years left on his contract.

Martin Albrechtsen, who has a year to run on his deal, is another who does not figure in Clough’s plans.

[url=http://therams.co.uk/stories/lewin-isset-for-rams-exit]http://therams.co.uk/stories/lewin-isset-for-rams-exit

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would appear Clough doesn't rate him and see any potential or we are skintus. My gut feeling is the latter, I would of liked to see him go out on loan for a season and told to bulk up for his return to Derby, the guy's still young and has alot to learn, Buxton and Brayford won't be much better if at all. I'd put a tenner on Nyatanga playing Premiership football within 3 years.

Me thinks either Dan's mates could be right in the Barker thread or Kisnorbo has agreed terms, can't see us getting rid of Nyatanga unless we had replacements in the bag.

I would imagine an announcement would be made in the next couple of days, I can feel it in my toes.

Originally posted by David;23306

Me thinks either Dan's mates could be right in the Barker thread or Kisnorbo has agreed terms, can't see us getting rid of Nyatanga unless we had replacements in the bag.

I would imagine an announcement would be made in the next couple of days, I can feel it in my toes.

Your feet stink /ohmy

I reckon either Barker or Kisnorbo is a done deal if Lewin is off.

We are selling a young player with potential who just needs to get down to the gym more.

Vicky's right about him being a Teale. There are matches where he is awesome, others where he makes shocking errors.

Originally posted by Boycie;23449

Can't wait for the DET to kick off again, Sutty and his mate took some real stick over their conversation regarding shifting on Naya.

Looks like they are owed a big SORRY!

I remember mentioning it over here and somebody laughed it off as BS, canna remember who it was can you Boycie?

Archived