Lineker - Foxes could go up again

Day

Leicester City legend Gary Lineker says his former club could win promotion from the Championship at the first time of asking but must make a flying start.

Lineker played for Leicester between 1978 and 1985 and went on to become one of England's greatest goal-scorers, scoring 48 goals for the national side.

He told BBC Radio Leicester: "A good start is essential to give the belief they can out of this league.

"It's a big ask to get promoted two seasons running but you never know."

Lineker, who also played for Everton, Barcelona and Tottenham and skippered the national side, added: "It's a tough league to get out of.

"It's a step up in class from where they were but not a huge one and I think they'll be able to cope.

"But it depends on who they can bring in before the start of the season and confidence is a huge part - as is being lucky with injuries at key moments.

"It would be fabulous to think Leicester could back in the Premier League - where they truly belong."

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/8119513.stm]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/8119513.stm

------------------------------------------------------

Oh dear and I thought Forest fans were deluded.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Originally posted by Boycie;23620

and he's the house wife's favourite jug eared tw@t.

I was pessimistic before the start of the season, but seeing how we have played so far and the acquisition of Wellens means that I think we will more than likely finish around 10th but possibly playoffs if we can keep consistent.

Oh and if Lineker was from Derby you would all bang on about him, and I would probably slate him, but lets have him right for a moment, He was an awesome goal scorer for England, and gave us all many great moments.

Originally posted by KilworthFox;30171

I was pessimistic before the start of the season, but seeing how we have played so far and the acquisition of Wellens means that I think we will more than likely finish around 10th but possibly playoffs if we can keep consistent.

Oh and if Lineker was from Derby you would all bang on about him, and I would probably slate him, but lets have him right for a moment, He was an awesome goal scorer for England, and gave us all many great moments.

yeh but hes not from derby so there for a tw@ especially the way he took the piss in our last prem season

Originally posted by derbydan;30172

yeh but hes not from derby so there for a tw@ especially the way he took the piss in our last prem season

Who didn't?

To be honest we went down to div 3 when you were coming down from the Prem so it was hardly gloating time was it!

Archived