John Terry

vicky-27

There are reports in this morning's papers claim John Terry has demanded to talk to Manchester City about a potential move from Chelsea.

The England captain's apparently stopped short of handing in a transfer request, but still wants to see what's on offer.

City are ready to pay £50 million for Terry, and pay him more than £250,000 a week.

Should he stay or should he go ? does anybody care ?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by vicky-27;22899

There are reports in this morning's papers claim John Terry has demanded to talk to Manchester City about a potential move from Chelsea.

The England captain's apparently stopped short of handing in a transfer request, but still wants to see what's on offer.

City are ready to pay £50 million for Terry, and pay him more than £250,000 a week.

Should he stay or should he go ? does anybody care ?

not doubting the rumour but can t get my head round why he would want to go there:confused:

methinks he might be using them as leverage to up his wage. during his last contract talk, he allegedly tried to get chelsea to give him a 10 year contract with the option of becoming their manager at the end of his career.

he is also reported to be "concerned" that chelsea didn t consult him about the latest managerial appointment

Chelsea will not increase John Terry’s wages despite reports suggesting Manchester City are set to bid again for the 29-year-old England Captain.

Reports in the Daily Mail claim Terry and Chelsea’s owner Roman Abramovich met yesterday to discuss the continuing interest from Mark Hughes’ club, although it seems an improvement on Terry’s £150,000 a week deal is unlikely.

More meetings are scheduled today in a bid to persuade the defender his future lies at Stamford Bridge, but with Manchester City expected to offer close to £40 million, all parties might be softening to an unlikely transfer.

City are reportedly ready to make Terry one of the best paid players in the world, and with no formal statement from the player expressing his commitment to Chelsea, Mark Hughes is increasingly confident a deal ca be struck.

• 3 weeks later...

JOHN Terry has pledged his future to Chelsea, denting Manchester City's hopes of fielding a team comprised entirely of unbearable *****.

<div align='CENTER'>http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/images/stories/jter

The missing dick

Recent signings including Emmanual Adebayor and Roqué Santa Cruz, alongside existing players like Craig Bellamy, have boosted City's despicability rating. Hopes were high that neutral fans would not find anyone they would be willingly to urinate on, regardless of whether they were on fire or not.

Terry's decision means City boss Mark Hughes will now be forced to find another centre back who blames his teammates for his own mistakes, often before the game has even started.

But the Chelsea captain said: "My decision was never in doubt and that is why I decided to say absolutely nothing for as long as I possibly could."

He added: "With Ballack, Lampard and Essien, I think Chelsea can still be the most eye-gougingly repulsive club in the country.

"Look at our front two. Who would not jump at the chance to smash Drogba and Anelka's teeth in one by one with a toffee hammer. Even our own fans dislike them, and that's just world class."

City fans still hope their team can become the most revolting in Manchester. Stephen Malley, from Gorton, said: "Selling Ronaldo immediately makes United 20% less detestable.

"Gary Neville will soon be sent to live on a farm and Michael Owen is quite lovable in a fragile sort of way, like the little boy from The Sixth Sense.

"If Ferguson resigns, the title's ours. They'd have to hire Gary Glitter as coach to have any hope of being hated more."

Is it just me or does he look gay ?

Archived