Last day decider......????

Grantona

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope not. Despite beating Leeds 10 times in a row, that would be a nightmare time to finally lose to the *****....

Given our dismal record against them for most of my lifetime, I've been saying for quite a few years now 'we'll never beat the c***s 3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10 times in a row' and I've been proved wrong over and over again.

However, having said all that, we'll never beat the c***s 11 times in a row.

Will Leeds be in administration before the final day? The takeover is far from certain and if Cellini is rebuffed, who will be paying the April wages.

GFH have already borrowed £6 million off Cellini to pay two lots of wages and the loan fees for Butland and Whickham.

Will Leeds be in administration before the final day? The takeover is far from certain and if Cellini is rebuffed, who will be paying the April wages.

GFH have already borrowed £6 million off Cellini to pay two lots of wages and the loan fees for Butland and Whickham.

Good point, although that presumes the FL will use the "owners and directors test" to protect Leeds from Cellini: will that happen?

On a separate point, as a Leicester City fan, can I point out that we might be one of the teams battling for second place (City v Doncaster for the record). OK, so we're looking good for being Champions at the moment, but every City fan remembers the run we had in February, March and April last year, when we took eight points from 13 matches. We've got 13 matches to go now, and 74 points on the board: a run like last year's would leave us on 82 come the last match of the season, and that is not going to be enough for win the division this year.

I don't think it will happen, but most of us are saying "if we go up" in front of any speculation about what we will/won't achieve or do in the Premier League.

Good point, although that presumes the FL will use the "owners and directors test" to protect Leeds from Cellini: will that happen?

On a separate point, as a Leicester City fan, can I point out that we might be one of the teams battling for second place (City v Doncaster for the record). OK, so we're looking good for being Champions at the moment, but every City fan remembers the run we had in February, March and April last year, when we took eight points from 13 matches. We've got 13 matches to go now, and 74 points on the board: a run like last year's would leave us on 82 come the last match of the season, and that is not going to be enough for win the division this year.

I don't think it will happen, but most of us are saying "if we go up" in front of any speculation about what we will/won't achieve or do in the Premier League.

Eh bien mon ami.

All I can say is, most of us in Ramsland, (well, me for one!) have already accepted that Leicester are going up as Champions as surely as Celtic will win the SPL this year.

We managed 11 points from 38 matches last time we were in the Premship. A record which I don't see being broken anytime soon.

When we go up we will get a decent points tally, but for most teams the prem turns into a boring fight to finish in the top 17.

You'll get there, then you've just got the small matter of staying there.

All the best, mate.

Will the race for 2nd place go to the final day?

Leeds v Derby

Reading v Burnley

Barnsley v QPR

Forest v Brighton

Blackburn v Wigan.

I have no idea why you'd even bring up Wigan for this. As things stand it could well end up in a situation where the top 3 are important, but Forest and Wigan are pretty much out of the running as it already stands.

Speaking of those chances though, here are the lead candidates for those two automatic spots as things stand:

Leicester: 95.0%

Burnley: 66.0%

Derby: 21.9%

QPR: 12.2%

Forest: 2.26%

Wigan: 1.44%

Brighton: 0.20%

Reading: 0.19%

Basically, from that I'd rule Forest and below's chances as a pipedream at this point. Even us and QPR are being a bit optimistic, but who knows.

I think we'd all love to get promoted beating Leeds away, and it may come to that, but no point getting too ahead of ourselves in that regard.

I have no idea why you'd even bring up Wigan for this. As things stand it could well end up in a situation where the top 3 are important, but Forest and Wigan are pretty much out of the running as it already stands.

Speaking of those chances though, here are the lead candidates for those two automatic spots as things stand:

Leicester: 95.0%

Burnley: 66.0%

Derby: 21.9%

QPR: 12.2%

Forest: 2.26%

Wigan: 1.44%

Brighton: 0.20%

Reading: 0.19%

Basically, from that I'd rule Forest and below's chances as a pipedream at this point. Even us and QPR are being a bit optimistic, but who knows.

I think we'd all love to get promoted beating Leeds away, and it may come to that, but no point getting too ahead of ourselves in that regard.

They are a long-shot, of course, but they are on a good run - something like nine wins, three draws and two defeats in their last 14 games. And they have won their last four. There's still over a quarter of the season to go.

Eh bien mon ami.

All I can say is, most of us in Ramsland, (well, me for one!) have already accepted that Leicester are going up as Champions as surely as Celtic will win the SPL this year.

We managed 11 points from 38 matches last time we were in the Premship. A record which I don't see being broken anytime soon.

When we go up we will get a decent points tally, but for most teams the prem turns into a boring fight to finish in the top 17.

You'll get there, then you've just got the small matter of staying there.

All the best, mate.

Thanks Steve. Living where I do, I only get to see two or three live games a season, and watch maybe half a dozen more on the TV or on a live internet feed. Last match I saw was against Brighton at the Amex, at the beginning of December, and we were dreadful. If we play like that for the rest of the season, we won't even make the playoffs. On the other hand, I've seen then two or three times on live feeds when they have been brilliant. I'm just hoping that Brighton was a one-off.

As you say, if we get there, we have to stay there. Oddly enough, I feel more confident about that: we have the right kind of manager in charge this time. Famous last words.

Good luck today: I love it when Millwall get beaten.

Archived