tudgay to burnley?

derbydan

Sheffield Wednesday boss Brian lawshttp://static.lingospot.com/spot/image/spacer has accused Burnley of trying to 'unsettle' marcus tudgay after the striker's agent claimed he would be keen to talk to the Premier League new boys.

Reports had claimed that Burnley, who have wrapped up the club record signing of Hibernian forward steven fletcher had made a £1.5million bid to land Tudgay.

However, the Owls dismissed the claims and remain confident Tudgay will sign the three-year contract he agreed to last month.

Laws is not surprised the Clarets have shown an interest in the 26-year-old, but insists he does not want to lose such a key player.

Desperate move

"Marcus agreed terms on a new three-year deal some weeks ago and I expect that to be signed in the next few days," Laws told the Yorkshire Post. "This is a desperate move by Burnley to unsettle the player.

"I have spoken to Owen coyle (Burnley's manager) and I have stressed that it would take a damned sight more money than has been quoted to prise him away.

"It doesn't surprise me that another club is interested. But Marcus is a player I want to build a team around."

Tudgay scored four goals in two appearances against Burnley last season and his agent Darryl powell says he would be willing to discuss a move to Turf Moor.

"Everything has not been agreed," said Powell, regarding the new contract. "If an opportunity arises, Marcus would like to speak to Burnley.

"That is nothing against Sheffield Wednesday - which is a fantastic football club - but when a Premier League club shows interest, you want to take a look."

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you been smoking the wacky backy again Vicky? or do you fancy him as well?

If I had a season ticket I'd rip it up if we had Tudgay up front for us, calling him average is a compliment.

Originally posted by vicky-27;22594

Really ? i always thought he was a good player - i am the only one ?

no i think hes good but then he never plays to his full potential, and doesnt score enough

is a very nice guy though, 1 of 2 players who have bought me a drink

"Tudgay had his most prolific season to date in 2008/09, scoring 14 goal"

In 42 games says it all really, for a 26 year old striker, average at best and not the type of player you would want to build a team.

He's an ordinary mid-table CCC striker. He has enough talent to score goals but if he were in the Premiership he'd be totally out of his depth. Teams shouldn't be built around strikers, especially if they're not exceptional.

I would welcome him to Pride Park though as he has his moments and is the sort of player who gets goals when you need them.

Originally posted by David;22598

"Tudgay had his most prolific season to date in 2008/09, scoring 14 goal"

In 42 games says it all really, for a 26 year old striker, average at best and not the type of player you would want to build a team.

That's the same goals to games ratio as Hulse who pilfered 18 in 54

If we're honest Hulse isn't the Premiership quality you need to stay up either, although his career record is a hell of alot better than Tudgay and Hulse played his first full season coming back from breaking his leg.

Seasons which they hit double figures,

Hulse

Derby - 42 games 15 goals

Leeds - 35 games 13 goals

WBA - 29 games 10 goals

Crewe - 35 games 22 goals

Crewe - 40 games 12 goals

Crewe - 22 games 11 goals

Tudgay

Sheff Wed - 42 games 14 goals

*Only League games

Archived