George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

George wants to come to Derby, but WBA hold the aces. We won't get him cheaply, which probably means we won't get him. Can't see us going over £2m anyway. Potentially something might change when the new manager comes in at WBA, but by the sounds of their owner I doubt it.

We'll keep chipping away but it will run and run and I hope there's a plan B. Two thing stand out though; if ever their was a case where a legal challenge might rear up it's this one (although I've no idea if it could be made to stand up, and it would certainly take longer than next season anyway), and secondly wow - them WBA fans don't half like a whine.

George wants to come to Derby, but WBA hold the aces. We won't get him cheaply, which probably means we won't get him. Can't see us going over £2m anyway. Potentially something might change when the new manager comes in at WBA, but by the sounds of their owner I doubt it.

We'll keep chipping away but it will run and run and I hope there's a plan B. Two thing stand out though; if ever their was a case where a legal challenge might rear up it's this one (although I've no idea if it could be made to stand up, and it would certainly take longer than next season anyway), and secondly wow - them WBA fans don't half like a whine.

Why is there more of a case for a legal here? You guys are living in la la land

If Derby County want him so bad all they have to do is make an offer WBA find acceptable, its not rocket science ffs

If Derby County want him so bad all they have to do is make an offer WBA find acceptable, its not rocket science ffs

Whine, whine...

I don't know why everyone is being antagonistic towards the WBA lot.

They have come on here in good faith to tell us the score from their clubs perspective - they are giving us information that Peace is a bit of a megalomaniac in these respects and all half of the boards do is shower them with abuse...

I do fear that George might be kicking his heels for a few months...

If he won't play ball with us, maybe we can broker a deal with a smaller team like Forest to buy him and then sell him a day later!!!?

Yes Yes we all get it. You're the best you're the tops you win everything....................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Where have I implied we are the best etc? It's just how the transfer market works.

WBA are just doing what every other club does. Apart from Derby County who apparently have a great morale compass than everyone else where players best interests are involved

I think some derby fans are being a little bit too overconfident here.

West Brom have all the power on this transfer.

Thorne has done a stupid rant in a newspaper, he has reportedly handed in and had a transfer request rejected.

Look where that's got us so far. He's no closer to signing.

The only way we will get him is with the right money.

Everyone on both sides knows he wants to go, let's stay professional and negotiate a fair deal with West Brom instead of making this a battle of will power between the two clubs.

I'm sure the dcfc representatives have risen above all the childish nonsense that has been going on anyway.

To compare Thorne with Callum Ball is a nonsense, one has a great chance of playing for his club at first team level if he knuckles down, the other had no chance.

Yes, you are right. Ball played over 30 games for us in our first team whereas Thorne had no chance.

It is equally ridiculous to compare Thorne to Hughes/Hendrick who have made 200 appearances for us combined and are key players, not reserve team players.

It's clear you support WBA and are not fooling anyone.

Remember the Russell transfer? Celtic this and Celtic that. Celtic, Celtic, Celtic

People on message boards know **** all. Meanwhile Sam Rush will be dealing with this. When and if we get a pronouncement from him to say this is too tough a nut for us to crack I'll believe it. So far all he has told us is he will be looking to deliver this. Plenty of time for negotiation yet

Go on then I'll bite, I DON"T want any sort of legal challenge, I'm not advocating one.

It's just that we continually hear snippets from pro's about wanting more freedom of contract. Eventually someone is going to challenge the current system under European employment law. In this case where Peace is going to play hardball and Thorne is being outspoken about a move, there may be a chance that this is the one. That's all.

Face it baggies - GT has handed in his request, he'll leave for someone else - so stop being so stubborn

Which was immediately rejected by the club. He would have been a free agent next month had he not signed the 3 1/2 year contract

IMO the only chance you have of signing him is to put in a bid which is too good to turn down. A figure that would make both sets of fans say "I never thought we'd pay/receive that much for him.

Seems to me its you lot are the whiners, mean old wba not letting poor little Georgie have has dream move

I'm pretty sure that we really rate him, and also pretty much accept that we'll only get him for a fee we probably won't be prepared to pay. It's your lot that are on here chirping.

And if that's the best response you can muster I assume you have no evidence to back up your original claim?

My original claim being? Go on, what did I claim? The legal thing? See above.

Go on then I'll bite, I DON"T want any sort of legal challenge, I'm not advocating one.

It's just that we continually hear snippets from pro's about wanting more freedom of contract. Eventually someone is going to challenge the current system under European employment law. In this case where Peace is going to play hardball and Thorne is being outspoken about a move, there may be a chance that this is the one. That's all.

A bit like "Bosman"? If Thorne's case went to European court would the outcome be referred to it as a Thorney Issue? :D

Nice back down.

"If ever there was a case where a legal challenge might rear up is this one"

I think thats how you put it?

How is this case different to any other transfer/non-transfer negotiation that goes on in the world of football?

Archived