George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MRs last prediction was that he would be signed this week, not Monday, if you're going to critique his posts at least have the decency to research what he actually said.I've heard the old 'getting him match fit' excuse from a few baggies now and it baffles me. If you value him as you claim to and just needed him match fit, play him in your reserves until he's at the right level, don't loan him out to another club.So I call that out as bs, I think you loaned him out because he pushed for it (he did say so himself after all) and because you'd not decided where he sat in your squad you couldn't refuse as you had no better option for him. He came and had a great experience and now wants more. He's done with you.You lost. Move on.

If you care to do your research MR claimed the deal was done and Thorne was signing on Monday (2 days ago) that didn't happen so he's had to move the goalposts.

Clubs send players out on loan all the time to get match fitness, as anyone that knows anything about the game will tell you, training and reserve football is no substitute for getting proper match fit in first team games

You never win anything with young players right !Just ask Alex FergusonWolves are your main foes not us .Go and frequent their message boards not ours.

Actually Aston villa are our main rivals, couldn't care less about the dogheads

Easily impressed?

206 now! What a sad life you lead! After all he's just one of your reserve players, you'll be soooo gutted when he leaves ya! Poor likkle Baggie. By the way, do you actually go to their games or are you just a cyber loner?

If you care to do your research MR claimed the deal was done and Thorne was signing on Monday (2 days ago) that didn't happen so he's had to move the goalposts.

Clubs send players out on loan all the time to get match fitness, as anyone that knows anything about the game will tell you, training and reserve football is no substitute for getting proper match fit in first team games

MR has said repeatedly that what he says can\will change as he's hearing it third hand, whenever it changes he updates. Do all of your ITKs get it spot on first time with no misinformation ever? So what's your point?

I've already replied regards your bogus match fitness claim. If you're ignoring GTs own comments regards his move in preference to your own baseless claims then you're just plain daft sir.

John vicars tweeted ... @johnrvicars: @dcfc_phil @redfern_ian Will be back to normal soon guys" not sure weather to read into that or not..also GT favourited another tweet..

@YatesysPSWagers: Looks good, eh? @GeorgeThorne15 #dcfc http://t.co/6RwmHMJX3J

MRs last prediction was that he would be signed this week, not Monday, if you're going to critique his posts at least have the decency to research what he actually said.

I've heard the old 'getting him match fit' excuse from a few baggies now and it baffles me. If you value him as you claim to and just needed him match fit, play him in your reserves until he's at the right level, don't loan him out to another club.

So I call that out as bs, I think you loaned him out because he pushed for it (he did say so himself after all) and because you'd not decided where he sat in your squad you couldn't refuse as you had no better option for him. He came and had a great experience and now wants more. He's done with you.

You lost. Move on.

As a Derby fan even I have to say thats total rubbish. We loaned out Bennett so that the lad could get games under his belt, playing in a development squad is nothing like league football. No way was Thorne fit enough to take part in a Premier League relegation battle, he wasn't even fit enough to displace Eustace when he arrived at Derby. Even when his chance came he struggled to play for 90 minutes and two games in four days looked beyond him. West Brom did the right thing to loan him out and at the time they made it clear he was coming to a good footballing side to get match fit, no more and no less. Anything Thorne says doesn't hold water because good pro's don't criticise their own club in the newspapers, they certainly don't complain they are being badly treated after voluntarily signing a three and a half year contract!

MR has said repeatedly that what he says can\will change as he's hearing it third hand, whenever it changes he updates. Do all of your ITKs get it spot on first time with no misinformation ever? So what's your point?

I've already replied regards your bogus match fitness claim. If you're ignoring GTs own comments regards his move in preference to your own baseless claims then you're just plain daft sir.

Why would they send him out on loan while they didn't have a manager? They obviously kept him so the new manager could have a look at him. Then he went to Derby 2 weeks later when the new manager decided he wasn't ready for their first team. Thorney might be a good footballer but he doesn't come across as the brightest

The evidence was there for all to see, Thorne was not match fit when he came to Derby. After 70 minutes he was dead on his feet, no way could West Brom have thrown him in at the deep end against the best the Premier League can offer. A loan was exactly what he needed at that time. By the time the play-offs came he had reached something like full fitness.

As a Derby fan even I have to say thats total rubbish. We loaned out Bennett so that the lad could get games under his belt, playing in a development squad is nothing like league football. No way was Thorne fit enough to take part in a Premier League relegation battle, he wasn't even fit enough to displace Eustace when he arrived at Derby. Even when his chance came he struggled to play for 90 minutes and two games in four days looked beyond him. West Brom did the right thing to loan him out and at the time they made it clear he was coming to a good footballing side to get match fit, no more and no less. Anything Thorne says doesn't hold water because good pro's don't criticise their own club in the newspapers, they certainly don't complain they are being badly treated after voluntarily signing a three and a half year contract!

Hes been loaned out 4 times.

Pompey,Posh,Watford,Derby.

PS Could be classed as 5 times as went to Pompey twice.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=52945

206 now! What a sad life you lead! After all he's just one of your reserve players, you'll be soooo gutted when he leaves ya! Poor likkle Baggie. By the way, do you actually go to their games or are you just a cyber loner?

Don't go to games anymore the commute is too big

The evidence was there for all to see, Thorne was not match fit when he came to Derby. After 70 minutes he was dead on his feet, no way could West Brom have thrown him in at the deep end against the best the Premier League can offer. A loan was exactly what he needed at that time. By the time the play-offs came he had reached something like full fitness.

I don't see why you are bothered what WBA fans think .

We want George Thorne at Derby and what's more he wants to come to us.

MR has said repeatedly that what he says can\will change as he's hearing it third hand, whenever it changes he updates. Do all of your ITKs get it spot on first time with no misinformation ever? So what's your point?I've already replied regards your bogus match fitness claim. If you're ignoring GTs own comments regards his move in preference to your own baseless claims then you're just plain daft sir.

He also claimed to have signed his new contract under duress so I'd take what he says with a pinch of salt

Archived